Are there gangs in your city?

We dont have alot of gangs here in dc. The only ones I know of is ms-13 but there mostly in montgomery county in Maryland

kyheavensmom

Asked by kyheavensmom at 8:29 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• No-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:31 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Not really, just wanna be's
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:31 PM on May. 10, 2011

• i live about 45 mins from "the city"..but yes, there are gangs. there are gangs in every major city
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:31 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Not where we live now.... But we have lived in areas that have had gangs in the metropolitan areas....

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:34 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Yeah. The Twilight tourists. LOL Oh and there are a few skinhead gangs as well. And Native American gangs. Pothead gangs. Non-threatening compared to what I grew up with. WANNA BE GANGSTAS from the GHETTO! lol
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 8:37 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Just wanna be's
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:37 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Isn't DC the number one murder capital in the country? Or close to it? DC has a lot more than one gang. I'm in Austin, my husband is a cop, trust me we have gangs.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 8:39 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Ohh and I would have to say our worst experience with gangs was when we lived in downtown Phoenix......
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:40 PM on May. 10, 2011

• It use to be back in the day but not no more. I grew up in dc. Went to dc schools and never heard of or seen gangs. If anything theres wannabes but thats about it
    kyheavensmom

Comment by kyheavensmom (original poster) at 8:42 PM on May. 10, 2011

• "The District is home to about 130 criminal street gangs and smaller crews, whose members are involved in a disproportionate number of the city’s homicides, according to the report “Responding to Gang, Crew and Youth Violence in the District of Columbia.”

Gang members make up more than 60 percent of the city’s homicide suspects and four in every 10 of the victims, according to the report, commissioned by the D.C. Council and published by the Healthy Families/Thriving Communities Collaborative Council.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 8:44 PM on May. 10, 2011