What would you do?

My dd (4th grade) has been picked on and bullied all year... She's told the teacher and principal... I've had numerous conferences with her teacher and principal, and we're getting NOWHERE... The end of school is coming up... She knows martial arts (and has YET to lay a hand on this one kid that has started it all year) and I'm really about ready to allow her to defend herself. I know that sounds horrible, but sometimes you just have to take a bully down a notch... I know she'll be suspended, but it would be the last day of school anyway, and she WON'T be going back... What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Let her go at it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:36 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I would have told her to do it the first time it happened. If my kid came home and cried because he got bullied, I would tell him to grow a set because thats what you do in real life.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 8:36 PM on May. 10, 2011

• It will go on her record even if you are transferring her.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 8:43 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I'm going to be homeschooling her from here on...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:51 PM on May. 10, 2011

• It would depend? Is it just verbal bullying or are they being physicall agressive toward her? Is it a large group of kids or just one instigator. What if they all come after her can she fight them all off? Will she do this on school grounds or someplace else? She will most likely be suspended, but it your ok with that then she has the right to defend herself.
    jcm62497

Answer by jcm62497 at 7:41 AM on May. 11, 2011

• If the little twit who is bugging her lays a hand on her.... let (demand) your daughter defend herself... it is the only thing that will stop the little twit.

Anonymous

• I always tell my kids that if someone hits them they better hit them back. It's not about winning or losing it's about letting people know that they can't walk all over you. I would not get mad if my kids got in trouble for hitting someone who hit them first.
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 9:19 PM on May. 12, 2011

• It's just name calling and general torment. He hasn't touched her, because she has my full permission to get suspended if he does... We had yet ANOTHER conference with teacher and principal today... The principal said "I just hate that *dd's name* ALWAYS... always is too big a word... usually makes herself out to be the victim..." Here's a good question... Why is it that MY child is lying about being bullied by this kid, but he just spent a day in In-School-Suspension for THREATENING A TEACHER?!?!?! They know he's in anger management, they know he has a serious issue with authority, but MY kid is lying??? WTH?

Sorry, venting... I'm pissed.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:44 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Switch schools
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 11:20 PM on May. 15, 2011

• let her defend herself and then if the school says anything tell them that you have tried all year to work with them and got no where
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:33 AM on May. 16, 2011