Anyone on here bipolar?!

if so, what medication(s) do you take? i know everyone is different, and i will have to see what's right for me, but i want to get a general idea of what generally works for most people. thank you! hope its not too invasive, or too much to ask

Liz4Life

Asked by Liz4Life at 8:34 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Health

• I'm bipolar. I was on medication but I can't take it right now because I'm pregnant. For me personally medication is really the only thing that works...I know there are going to be SO many people who say that meds arent necessary and you just need to learn to control your emotions yadda, yadda, yadda but the truth is...if it were that easy then no one would be on meds. After I have the baby I have every intention of getting back on my medication but I understand that it's not for everyone. It's a personal choice and I wish you luck on it
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 8:37 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Im bipolar and my mania can really get me in trouble. So i tend to prefer drugs. But i find that keeping myself busy with positive things helps. I also wish you the best of luck.
    Jaliceawrites

Answer by Jaliceawrites at 8:44 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Medications, so far nothing else works!
    Anonymous

• I am Bi-polar and have been on medication for over 10 years. It's not the mania's u have to worry about but the post-partum depression. Also your children are likely to inherit it from you. I have 4 children. My 10 and 6 year old boys are already diagnosed and I have a 7 yr. old boy and 2 yr old girl not diagnosed. My 7 yr old will probably be diagnosed soon. It is harder now that I have kids compared to when I had none. So I would highly recommend medication. Your children will of course add to your stresses which will make your mania's and depressions greater. Bi-polar means your brain doesn't fire the way it is supposed to and no alternative treatments are going to work in the long run. Finding the right medication for you will be the only long term fix. Hope this helps.
    a3b1gmom

Answer by a3b1gmom at 8:59 PM on May. 10, 2011

• this is a huge help so far thanks guys and gals!

Liz4Life

Comment by Liz4Life (original poster) at 12:24 PM on May. 11, 2011