How can I get rid of vomit smell from leather sofa and from my carpet?

My 18 month old has thrown up multiple times and I've tried spraying with lysol, using a damp cloth and blotting but I still have a smell emitting from the carpets and the sofa. Any help is greatly appreciated.

burtmommy05

Asked by burtmommy05 at 1:57 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• take some Really hot water as hot as u can take, some dish soap, and a little vanilla, ( for the carpet) mix that up, pour on carpet enough to cover spot. take a scrub brush and scrubb the hell out of it... when u think it dosnt smell any more take a DRY towle press down hard upon the spot and soak up the water. do this again, with fresh hot water nothing else, repeat till smell is gone, leather is pretty easy to clean, take a lil saop warm water on a wash cloth and rub down well, make sure u get in between cracks... wow i wrote a book.....
    NiekaC

Answer by NiekaC at 3:52 PM on Dec. 5, 2008