My son who is 4....

tells me he hates me and that i dont love him when I get onto him about something. Earlier he wrapped the dogs leash around the dogs neck and the dog was gasping for air. I got upset and sent him to his room. He told me he hated me... slammed the door and screamed YOU DONT LOVE ME> UGHHHHHHHHHh what do i do about this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Is it also common for him to try and hurt the pets?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:43 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Tell him

When you tell me you hate me I know I'm doing my job

lol =)
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 8:43 PM on May. 10, 2011

• tell him he did something wrong, and it made you upset but it doesn't mean you don't love him. you'll always love him no matter what, etc.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:44 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Yea not sure but good luck! You think that's fun, just wait till tween and teen years! lol
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 8:45 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Like xmama_bellax said, I hate you! means I'm doing my job. My 4 year old does the same thing when she's in trouble and has to do something she doesn't want to do, like go to her room for being in trouble.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:16 PM on May. 10, 2011

• My three year old did this with me. I was given a book called 'Have a New Kid By Friday' that had a lot of helpful tips on how to handle outbursts like that and other problems. I used the methods and my little girls whole attitude changed for the better. I'm not sure who wrote it, but it helped me out a lot.
    JenniP0708270

Answer by JenniP0708270 at 5:19 AM on May. 11, 2011