Blood on my daughters sheets....

My daughter is 3 and I was just putting her to bed and noticed 3 blood spots on her sheets like where her mouth would be. One on her pillow and two right near it. Not small either...like sort of large. What could this be from???

It is either her or the dog that sneaks on beds if we leave the doors open when we leave home. Not sure but haven't seen any blood coming from either so I am kinda freaked.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• maybe she had a small bloody nose during the night? idk...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:48 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Hmmm kinda crazy but does she pick her nose? Maybe that's where it came from?
    Anonymous

• My son sometimes has small nose bleeds at night time...could it be that?
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:49 PM on May. 10, 2011

• It could be from her. Maybe she has bloody noses at night and doesn't realize it. My brother used to have bloody noses while he slept at night all the time.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 8:49 PM on May. 10, 2011

• If it was from her you would haveseen blood on her somewhere. The dog on the other hand could very well of licked it's wounds.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 8:49 PM on May. 10, 2011

• bedbugs leave blood.. if you see no dried up blood on her I would check out the dog
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 8:51 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Sounds like a nose bleed. Happens to my dd sometimes.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:52 PM on May. 10, 2011

• That has happened with my oldest son. After a couple times I realized he was having nosebleeds. I checked with the doctor she said it could have been due to allergies or nose picking :-/ which I hadn't seen him do until the doctor asked him. It hasn't happened too often since then. He does still have mild seasonal allergies. Maybe the doctor calling him out on a nose picking habit helped him stop ;-)
    Hopefully you find out what it is and it's nothing too serious!
    MamisAngels

Answer by MamisAngels at 8:52 PM on May. 10, 2011

• my guess is a nosebleed
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:55 PM on May. 10, 2011

• If your daughter has allergies it could be from her. My son used to do this when his allergies acted up. The Dr. told me that sometimes when your childs allergies act up it can iritate the blood vessels in the nose and cause them to leak blood. It will be minimal. So that might be your answer.
    a3b1gmom

Answer by a3b1gmom at 9:05 PM on May. 10, 2011