My almost 2 yr old will now not listen and is now hitting saying no and time outs even starting to not daze?? HELP

Me and her father recently patched things up.. She has now I think for attention stopped listening and not been her good self her father can't even get her to mind spanking time out everything is not working right now!?

kodijean

Asked by kodijean at 8:54 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my only thought is welcome to the terrible two's. I hope she returns to her good little self soon.
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 9:56 PM on May. 10, 2011

• STOP spanking, especially if she is hitting. You are just reinforcing that it is ok to hit. Understand that she is 2 and how she is acting is part of her development, she is learning to be independent and explore her world. Instead of hitting, spanking, time outs, etc TEACH her how you want her to act. She is not a mini adult, she is a CHILD that needs to be taught what is appropriate and what isn't appropriate. At her age, redirection is the best, along with a lot of patience.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:57 PM on May. 10, 2011

• My DS is the terrible twos he hits and screams no. I asked him one night to say please and he screamed no and hit at me. So I sat him up on the table and let him scream and cry and flop but he wasnt aloud to leave the table until he said please and sorry. So when your daughter wont said please or thank you dont spank her. But sit her down and dont let her leave that spot, they may also require you to go into time out with her. So she may scream and cry and hit but you just talk to her calmly and tell her once you stop crying well talk. Now once she gives up, which she will but its gonna take a while have her say sorry and give her a big hug. But you have to do it everytime she acts out. After about 2 or 3 times youll see better behavior because she knows that she will be made to sit down and not move. Its hard being a mom of a 2 yr old but as long as your patient and persistant its worth it.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 10:58 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I do the time out make her say sorry and give me a kiss that some what works still but, i think she just knows if she says sorry gives a kiss shes totally out of trouble! but ITS a great thing to do..

and yes, i have decided to stop spanking i was parenting how my father raised me and it was working until now.. she thinks its ok to hit so now ive created a problem

shes a good girl just some days oh boy is she stubborn and hell on wheels.
    kodijean

Comment by kodijean (original poster) at 2:31 PM on May. 11, 2011