Dairy and egg allergy?

My son will be 7 mo on Friday and is still EBF. He has eczema and we just did testing and found out he is allergic to dairy and eggs. My question is has this happened to anyone else and what did you eat? I have already been asked by two family members when I'm starting formula which I have no intention of doing!

SweetOrangeMama

Asked by SweetOrangeMama at 8:58 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didn't have eggs but DS is dairy sensative. We didn't find out until he was 6 months old. I just stopped eating anything with dairy in it. for him things that had a small amount of dairy in them. Things like bread and cookies were ok but no yogurt, sour cream, cheese,ect.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:15 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I don't have an answer, but good for you for knowing what's best for your LO :)
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 10:50 PM on May. 10, 2011

• my baby has reflux so I eliminated dairy for a month and eggs for like a week to see if it helped..it was soooo hard. I love cereal so instead I used soy. they also have that lactaid milk which is good but not sure if that helps. Eat fresh fruits and veggies,tofu,rice,good breakfast with power would be toast with some peanut butter, theres lots of things you can eat just gotta watch the ingredients..Good luck!! Its alot of work ;)
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 2:23 AM on May. 11, 2011