I want to move out of my moms! help!

ok i wil be 20 in august and i have a 2 year old. i live with my mom my stepdad my brother my sister and her husband and my other brother with his wife and four kids and it always chaotic in this small house. i alresdy have depression and this situation just makes it worse i find myself literally always angry. i have a boyfriend (not the father) of two years that my mom pretty much hates. she says hes no good for me or my son and hell never amount to anything. but in my eyes hes good with me and my son, he took him in as his own. he does live with his mom but that because hes trying to go to school (college). him and his mom see that im unhappy in my situation and told me i could move in with them. the past few weekends ive been going and stying there for the weekend but i told my mom i was staying a my friends house. i felt so happy there and i didnt feel angry when i was there but as soon as i would come back home i was depressed and angry again. i really want to move in with him but im sacred about how shell react or what shell say. ecspecially because she thinks he lives in a bad neighborhood. but honestly ours isnt really much better. i dont know what to do i dont want my mom to stop talking to me or be mad at me or anything but i really feel like this is best for me and my son!

sundae8

Asked by sundae8 at 8:58 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• You are an adult. Make a decision. Your mom might be mad, but if you make decisions based on other people's emotions you'll never do anything!
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 9:00 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Holy shit cdecker. That's profound! I like that!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 9:01 PM on May. 10, 2011

• You should do what you have to to make yourself happy and well.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:01 PM on May. 10, 2011

• save up your income and get a place of your own.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:02 PM on May. 10, 2011

• If she gets mad it won't last! You have her grandkid so she'll have to find some common ground eventually. give it a try if you think it's best?
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 9:02 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Haha thanks imogine.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 9:02 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I moved out against my mothers will several times, but I'm an adult and she has to respect the fact that I need to experience life on my own. I have failed several times so I am back here again. I plan to save my money and move with my boyfriend (who my mom also thinks is bad for me, but he is a wonderful father to my sons who arent even his and he is wonderful to me) and we will make our own home and vow not to fuck it up and not to end up back at our parents houses. Keep your head up, move with him, it might be a good experience.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 9:05 PM on May. 10, 2011

• @ xmama_bellax how did you tell her you were leaving?
    sundae8

Comment by sundae8 (original poster) at 9:32 PM on May. 10, 2011

• If I were you I would really try and get a place of my own. It would be more stable for your son and easier then living with your bf and his mom, it might be fine visiting there for a weekend..but living with people full time is a whole other ball game
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 10:25 PM on May. 10, 2011

• 13 people in a small house, how is that even possible? You've got to go somewhere!!! I got depressed just reading and imagining your situation. Best of luck!!
    Ttcbabyclegg

Answer by Ttcbabyclegg at 10:27 PM on May. 10, 2011