How do you curb your craving for junk food when you're trying to flatten your stomach?

I work out alot, but I can't help but wanna eat a cookie and then I end up eating more junk than I should. How do I control my urges to eat crappy food?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 9:21 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I try really hard to get my mind off the junk food by cleaning or taking the dog for a walk.
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 9:25 PM on May. 10, 2011

• i just grab a crystal light packet and put it in a bottle of water and it tastes sweet and its like 5 calories. or i just look at images of skinny people and that usually curbs my cravings lol
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 9:29 PM on May. 10, 2011

• You can still eat occasionaly junk food, especially if you are excersising correctly. My trainer told me a good rule of thumb is no carbs after 4pm. Keep everything in moderation. If i'm absolutely dying for ice cream, I will have it and be done with that craving for a while. Also I try not to keep a lot of junk food in my house, so generally if I want something specific I have to go out and buy it, and I just don't have that much ambition
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:45 PM on May. 10, 2011

• i chew delicious flavored sugar free gum.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 9:46 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I think about the thing I want to eat. I think about all the details and sensation of taking each bite. When I'm "finished eating" the thing, I can move on to do something else or go eat a healthy meal.
    bonnytiger

Answer by bonnytiger at 9:47 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Keep your blood sugar stable. I work out hard and if I don't keep a protein bar ( I eat half of it if it's really high in calories) or a banana in my bag for right after my workout, then I end up eating a lot of crap and feel a bit out of control. When I do have something small right after, when I get home, I am able make better decisions. I find that if I eat every 3 hrs, something small and healthy I am able to make better decisions when it comes to what I eat. Make sure it's balanced...carbs, protein, healthy fats. Carbs don't have to be bread but if they are, make sure it's whole grain!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 10:12 PM on May. 10, 2011

• If you have to have something sweet, try the brownies that Fiber One makes. They are pretty good, they only have 90 calories, and they have 5 grams of fiber. Eating more fiber is supposed to make you feel more full. If that's the case, what better way than in a brownie, lol.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 11:28 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Gum, Water, and an apple. When you're hungry any food will fill you up- but fruits and veggies will do it for a lot less calories. Having a piece of gum in your mouth can help satisfy a sweet tooth and keep you from grabbing the junk food. Drinking water can also help fill you up.

And probably more importantly- get rid of the junk food in your house. You'll find that out of sight really is out of mind.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 6:59 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I was sure I had answered this...but that's what happens when one has 25 tabs open LOL

There are products that I use which are like a snack, but fool your brain into "feeling full" as well as using natural things like oats to fill up your stomach. There is another which is a chocolate bar that actually burns fat. It's clinically proven and patented. Feel free to PM me :)
    livewell

Answer by livewell at 1:15 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I keep that stuff out of my house. If I want a treat, I buy one treat or enough for just me and my family to share. For example I'll buy one ice cream cone from McDonalds. Or if I make cookies, I share them with all the neighbor kids and just eat one or two- they are like little garbage disposals anyways-lol. I have to do this- I have NO self control! Anyways- its not about torturing yourself, its more about portion control.
    I can't wait to try the fiber brownies, but unfortunately, they are only sold in club stores. I'm hoping they will start selling them in regular grocery stores- I don't ever go to the club stores.
    lauralivivy

Answer by lauralivivy at 11:52 PM on May. 16, 2011