S/O of bible in school

So let's reverse this a bit or flip it. What if I was passing around Wiccan information to your young children without your knowledge? Woudl the school even go for it then? How would you react? Be honest, no point in lying.

jujubean1979200

Asked by jujubean1979200 at 9:27 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Religious Debate

• KelleyP is but the OP of the previous post is from Tenessee NOT Texas, Sorry anon, you've been busted as a liar (or someone that simply doens't know WTH she's talking about)
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:53 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I don't think a book or pamphlet about ANY religion or sect should be passed around at schools.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:57 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I don't think an adult should come into an elementary school and pass out any religious material. Period.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 10:01 PM on May. 10, 2011

• What? Like something like this would ever happen. . . Talk about a "hypothetical"!

Just kidding.  You know how I feel about it.  It is not okay. 

I don't object to kids learning about different beliefs, but the school is not the place for proselytizing or promoting religion.  This is a matter best left to the parents to decide what, when and how to expose their children to religious beliefs and propaganda or texts.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 11:04 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Anon, I personally know the OP of the previous post. Yes, it's true.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 11:46 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Sorry, OP. I allowed a troll to bait me into hijacking your post.

To answer the question, I would have a problem with any religious material being passed out to students in my kids' elementary school.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 12:11 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Doubt the school would be willing to let them pass out material, but it still isn't the appropriate place to do so
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:21 PM on May. 10, 2011

• now there are news reports stating that White County TN schools have already banned Bibles from being passed out during school as it violates the constitution in that it is Establishing a religion, so it is already proven that Tennessee has a history of these incidents occurring in other schools. So even without knowing the OP of the other post, there is no reason to suspect she is stating false information based on past incidents in the area. When someone hides behind anon, however and offers no evidence other than "She's lying' well, it's not a very believable testimony.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:59 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I really have nothing to prove to an anon who's just trying to start shit. But I can say that I do know J, have been friends with her for, what is it a year and a half to two years, and I can tell anyone that she isn't a liar.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 12:03 AM on May. 11, 2011

• What is coincidental about it happening in a neighboring county and then to her own school district weeks later? Not much coincidental about that.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 12:08 AM on May. 11, 2011