My 7 week old has like pimple like red spots all over his body?

he has them all over his head, face his chest and tummy?is this normal? juxst wondering im a FTM.

they are really tiny i read on line that its baby acne?

andrearhodes

Asked by andrearhodes at 9:28 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• DS had that too, it was baby acne. They say baby acne usually doesn't spread past the nipple line, but it did with DS. I used Cetaphil and saw an immediate difference. I used the Target one, so it was generic. It's a soft gentile cleanser.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 10:48 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Take your baby to the doctor now. He could be having an allergic reaction to something, or he could be sick... It may be nothing, but when it comes to kids, better to err on the side of caution.
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 9:30 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Might be an allergic reaction. What was the last thing your baby came in contact with?
    ILoveAsherAthan

Answer by ILoveAsherAthan at 9:32 PM on May. 10, 2011

• my daughter did that. they told me she was just getting used to the water i bathed her in. it went away a few weeks later...
    Ronnies_Girl

Answer by Ronnies_Girl at 10:06 PM on May. 10, 2011

• it could be an allergic reaction. or it could just be his skin reacting to the dry world outside. my pediatrician warned me to look out for this kind of reaction. he said it takes time for baby's skin to adjust to being outside of your womb. my baby who is only 8 weeks this week still gets the red spots a little. I just keep her moisturized and it seems to help them go away. if you're really concerned, just ask your pediatrician.
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 10:06 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Could he be to hot? My kids got that if they were too warm, once I cooled the room it usually went away.

retent

Answer by retent at 11:29 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Babies are growing, and their hormones are crazy--like a teenager almost. If the red spots have a slightly white center, it's just a normal reaction to their growth. They'll come and go. My 4 week old has them, and from day to day they'll change locations: maybe three on head today and two on tummy tomorrow.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 11:36 PM on May. 10, 2011

• try putting some fragrance free lotion on and see if it helps, could be dry skin.
    Aeternam

Answer by Aeternam at 11:48 PM on May. 10, 2011

• my oldest had those bumps i think. it was his bodies reaction to his sweat and sometimes he would get baby achne. its probably nothing. you can always ask his ped if your concerned or just to be sure
    AnitaB27

Answer by AnitaB27 at 6:08 PM on May. 11, 2011

• He could have an allergic reaction to something like laundry detergent etc. But my DS had something very similar to what ur describing and I took him to the doctor and it ended up being a virus, nothing serious, just had to run it's course. But u should definitely take ur kiddo to the docs!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 11:46 PM on May. 11, 2011