Is this rude?

So, my husband and I live next door to his cousin, and her 5 daughters. Our other neighbor, is his parents. I quite love having his parents so close, but his cousin bothers the crap out of me.

I'll call her, Diana. Well, Diana, is, for lack of a better term, kind of a slut, I guess you could say. She uses guys, and stuff like that. All 5 of her daughters are from 4 different men. Every guy shes with she with she tells her girls to call daddy, so you never know which one they're talking about when they say, my dad.

Well, the girls like to play outside, and they're all over the place, which I have no problem with at all, its good they go outside. Its just when they come over to my house. They always peek through the window to see what I'm doing in the kitchen and if I'm cooking, they come in and sit down at the table expecting food. Now I know their mom feeds them, because they aren't starving. They don't even ask if I can make them something. My family is on a tight budget already, and when the girls come over they eat everything. Its really frustrating.

The other day I had made myself a casadilla and just as I was about to finish eating, they came in, no knocking, just come right on in. They looked at me as I finished, and then they said, can I have one?

I had just run out of cheese too. I said no, there was no more cheese. One of them got up, and looked in the fridge to see if there was any cheese. As if I was lying to her or something. I found this incredibly rude.

I told them to go home and ask their mom to make them food if they were hungry. They left, and just went over to my mother in laws house to get food.

Is it rude for children to just go up and do that, even if its family. I always remember asking nicely, and I never went to someones house unless I was invited in.

Their mother doesn't pay too much attention to them, and she pretty much just lets them do whatever they want. She lets the 14 yr old go on the computer and use a webcam. I can only imagine what that girl is getting into. Plus shes snuck away a few times with her friends when she wasn't supposed to leave the properties.

Would it be completely rude if I confronted their mother, politely of course, and asked that she teach her children a little more respect for others homes?

Every time the girls come over they leave a huge mess as well.

I already have a husband that leaves a mess, and now I have a son on the way, I don't think I could handle all of the girls, plus my family at the same time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on May. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• I wouldn't approach her- it will probably just cause problems, but I would set some rules for the way you expect the kids ti behave when they are in your house. You can let them know that they may follow whatever rules they have at home but when they come to YOUR house they need to follow YOUR rules. They'll figure out pretty quickly what is acceptable and what isn't.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:47 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Thats probably the best way to go about it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:49 PM on May. 10, 2011

• if they came to my house expecting food i'd tell them to go ask their mom if shes cooking, they seem very unruly and rude. I would put my foot down now before it gets worse
    wubbunny420

Answer by wubbunny420 at 2:36 AM on May. 11, 2011