Christmas and presents?

Anyone else only celebrating Christmas for the presents?I mean, yeah it's a time for me to spend with my family, but for me personally it's about the Christmas cookies and presents.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Holidays

• We're celebrating family time and food this year. I might get a few gift cards or something from a few family members...but none of us are really doing "presents" this year. I'm giving my boyfriend a daughter and my parents a granddaughter and my brother and SIL a neice, LOL! A baby is the ultimate Christmas present, I think.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• We do gifting, but we never go "all out" we but gifts for each other throughout the year. We celebrate family, good food, traditions, and it is a great time to remember the love ones that we have lost.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:10 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Lmao, that's awesome about the baby. That's what I told my husband when our girl was born, it was a belated Christmas present or an early birthday gift.

but yea, for us Christmas is about the gifts and family time as well. We're not religious so it's all about the materialism and commercialism.
    Well, my DH is getting deployed next year so this is last Christmas with us for a little while, so I want to make it extra special as well. So, a ton o presents for the old man!
    lizzeh

Answer by lizzeh at 2:11 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I think that is disgusting. That is why I hate Christmas. For us Christmas is about being able to spend time with eachother. I could give 2 sh!ts about presents. My husband has been deployed 4 out of the 5 past Christmas's and missed last year which was our son's first Christmas...It is terrible that people think Christmas is about presents...You are all disgusting!
    Anonymous

• Wow...and you're a bitch. We can celebrate however we see fit, thanks. I'll go and be disgusting all the way to the MATERNITY WARD. I didn't decide for my daughter to be born in December, did I? And I'm not buying one single present for ANYONE this year because I can't afford it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Wow, such anger. Everyone celebrates Christmas differently. Some as a form of religion, others to get presents and for most a time to spend with family. This is the first Christmas this year that we're doing anything big. Nice dinner, lots of gifts. I don't want my husband to be deployed next year and not have any good memories.

Thanks for the judgments though, always nice to anger instead of happiness. :|
    lizzeh

Answer by lizzeh at 3:16 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I don't care about presents, although they are nice. I just want to be able to get my son a couple toys and spend time with family...but it doesn't look like we'll be doing either thing this year.
    Anonymous

• This year I am celebrating it for what it was first meant to be celebrated for... the birth of a new sun... or a new beginning. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas#History
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:22 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Definately the presants. Christmas and their birthdays are the only days I get to spoil them rotten without anyone saying anything.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 12:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2008