What is the attraction of a bar/club?

I've been to a few and I don't know if it's just me. But really, why go?

Audrice1985

Asked by Audrice1985 at 10:18 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Once upon a time when I was young, single and had no children I went out with friends on a pretty regular basis. We lived in a pretty small town and there wasn't much to do on the weekends. There wasn't much drinking, but there was a lot of dancing!
    .
    My husband and I go out to a local Martini club once or twice a year with a group of friends..it is usually celebrating something and that is the grownup "go to" place.

IDK, I think I outgrew it. Other things became more important.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:23 PM on May. 10, 2011

• to get drunk and act a fool??? its what i use to go for. i havent been in over a yr
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 10:24 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Well it depends on the person, people go for all different reasons........when I was young I clubbed thurs fri sat and sun night for 5 years and I loved to get out socialize and dance all night with my best friend. never once did we leave with a man, sleep with any man from a club, we went to have fun. Many people use them as pick up joints, a release for there normal life........there are countless reasons people like them and they arent all seedy reasons....since I have been married (9 years) a rarely clubbed, a few times with my SIL and went for the same reasons I always did since I have had my daughter she is 3.5 I have been clubbing once and that was when I was away for the weekend, my first time away from her ever and that was about 6 mths ago.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 10:24 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I don't see that it is anything so cool. I don't waste my time at them---the last time I went to a bar I was in college ,with my future husband and it was...okay. Nothing special. And there are too many loud drunks. Not an attractive thing.There is a certain kind of crowd that likes to hang our at bars and I'm not a part of that scene. That's not me.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:26 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Personally, I'll go with my MIL and FIL to a small bar that is owned by there friend. It's for birthdays, and that's pretty much it. I never have gone otherwise.
    Audrice1985

Comment by Audrice1985 (original poster) at 10:30 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I believe the answer is picking up people at last call for drunken sex that will be regretted the next morning.
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 10:33 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Ewwww.....is that realy how it is,bishopblack? I am so innocent.
    That's gross.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:58 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I have no idea. The few times I've been it was because my DH wanted to go with another couple. For me, it was a huge waste of time and money. The longer people drank they got aggressive or stupid. It was fights and drunk girls dancing and grinding on each other while the men watched.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:07 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I just like hanging out with my friends or my husband and having a few drinks and people watching, listening to music, or sometimes we go to a karaoke bar. I haven't been drunk in a long time, but i think a couple of drinks and just hanging out with adult company is fine.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 11:09 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I loved going when I was 21. Not anymore tho.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 11:35 PM on May. 10, 2011