Tootoo5

funny thing is, I had never heard of tornadoes hitting so close to where we grew up in NC (right on the VA line), and here recently there was one in Charlotte, only a few hours from where we lived, and one right here in VA, about an hour, hour and a half away or so! we have cousins who live in indiana and kentucky and i always tell them i could never live there because the idea of tornadoes terrifies me, and now i'm scared they could actually happen here, even though i had never heard of it happening until here recently!

bandgeek521

Asked by bandgeek521 at 10:23 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Crazy for Credits

• We have had a few here in the last month. A couple years ago there was a real bad one in Suffolk. The ones in North Carolina and Virginia caused a lot of damage and a great many deaths. They are scarry. We have had a number of pretty serious hurricanes here and they do not really scare me. But I think I need to be better prepared. The last big one knocked out our electricity for about two weeks. One before that took off about five of our roofs.
    My husband works for FEMA so when they come he is usually gone.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:56 PM on May. 12, 2011