Would this be really messed up? HELP!

I really want another baby! I have a 13 month old daughter already. I keep asking my SO if would could try for another and he refuses. He doesn't want anymore kids, EVER. Would it be really jacked up if I got off bc and tried to get pregnant without his knowledge? I'm desperate! I know if I did get pregnant he would love the baby and stick around. HELP!

Has anyone else done this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Your baby is very young! Your husband is probably just starting to feel like he is getting a little bit of you back! Men tend to feel a little neglected when the babies are small and need so much attention. Try focusing on him and his needs for a while and that might help bring him around. 13 months is still a baby, once she gets older he might start to get a little "baby fever" too. But if he doesn't you need to respect that. Is it worth losing him over? Because if you force something like that on him it will never be the same. It really is a betrayal of trust. Almost like cheating on him only possibly with longer lasting consequences!!
    woodj2

Answer by woodj2 at 5:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• You should respect his decisions too. Don't be so selfish.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't trick him. He may love the baby but resent you and it could ruin your relationship. He would figure out what you did. He may change his mind about a baby as your other one gets older
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:11 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I think it would be out of line and selfish. If it worked he would probably end up resenting you for it.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 2:12 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Whoa there girly! How could you ever live with yourself by forcing a baby on someone who does not want that?

You are supposed to make decisions together. What if he wanted a brand new Lamborghini? That costs about the same as raising a baby for 18 years and it is probably something that you see as impractical and that you would not want, maybe even resent.

So then what if he went out and purchased a brand new Lamborghini behind your back. How would you feel?
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:13 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• You shouldn't do that to him..my DH wants another and i do not..that is messsed up for you to even think that way..What if he does divorce you ???You never know the consequences..Leave well enough alone and focus on raising and ENJOYING your daughter.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 2:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My oldest is in his midtwenties. Oh no no please do not do that. Infants growing are just a part of having a baby remember. If your sad because baby isn't an infant any more and you miss that or want a playmate consider volunteering or working in childcare or church nursery. I have almost four years between kids and it's hard hard hard work even with that many years between them. Children are forever in our hearts no matter their whereabouts or ages. You need to rethink your choices MOMMY!
    Anonymous

• Oh. My.

Not cool.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:30 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• You know what girl........I disagree with everyone else that has commented! If you want another and he doesn't go for it. Its us women who take care of them anyways right? He would deal with it just like we deal with everything else on earth!
    Anonymous

• How come he doesn't want another right away? Could it be he doesn't like all the crying and diapers and sleepless nights and isn't quite ready for that again?
    Anonymous