UPDATE: Excruciating Pain :(

I asked this earlier:

I am 37 weeks pregnant, having a c-section May 23. I've been having these HORRIBLE pains. It feels as if my pelvic/pubic bone is splitting apart or something. It hurts when I stand up, when I walk, lay down, anything. I feel like my baby is pushing down and putting so much pressure on my private part also so sitting down REALLY hurts too. It gets so bad I can barely walk or roll over in bed. Sometimes I feel like I can hardly move at all. I've take Tylenol to try to relieve some of the pain but it doesn't work at all. I've also tried warm baths but still, no help. The pain has just gotten so bad that it's excruciating!! Should I call my doctor? I have an appointment Friday. Is this normal? Is there anyway that anyone knows of that I can relieve this pain at all? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

UPDATE: When I called the doctor I told her about these pains and also told her that my baby wasn't moving quite as much as normal. She told me that it sounded like contractions and for me to drink a sweet soda or eat something sweet and lay down and do a kick count. She said that if the pains got to where I was having them every 5 mins to come in. But for me to just lay down and stay off of my feet. This didn't sound right to me. My pains don't come and go. They're pretty constant, they just lighten up a little. But they are AWFUL. My baby has moved since I've called but she still isn't moving as much as she has been lately. I'm telling myself that it's because she has gotten so big that she doesn't have hardly any room to move. Someone earlier said something about pubic symphasis pain. Does anyone know anything about this? Does that sound like what I have? I'm sorry this is so long. I've just been worried all day. Everyone's help has been appreciated and any more help will be also. Thanks ladies!

tiffanynichols

Asked by tiffanynichols at 10:27 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• personally, if it was hurting me that much and if i wasnt getting sufficient answers or attention from my dr, i'd be heading straight to the ER
    happymom8262

Answer by happymom8262 at 10:32 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I wanted to earlier when the pain was really bad but my husband has been at work all day and he's the only way I have to get to the hospital. We only have one car and he does all the driving. When he gets home, if the pain gets bad again I'm gonna go though.
    tiffanynichols

Comment by tiffanynichols (original poster) at 10:35 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I felt the exact same way when my last daughter's shoulder instead of head was lodged in my pelvis. The pain was unbearable, but it was constant...not like contractions...and it was worse when I had to change position (sitting to standing, rolling over, etc). Hopefully your baby is trying to make its exit and it will all be over soon!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:57 PM on May. 10, 2011

• good luck! do what you have to do to keep yourself and your little bundle safe and healthy! if you can update again that would be great...thoughts and prayers are with you
    happymom8262

Answer by happymom8262 at 10:58 PM on May. 10, 2011

• i would just go in. i went to my friends baby shower on a sunday and was pushing on her belly and asked if the baby had been moving a lot, she said no, she's lazy. the next day she found out her baby had passed away. i just think you should go in with pain and decreased movement
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:02 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Mom-2-3-Girlz: That does sound like whats going on with me. Hopefully she will be here before too long... I'm so ready! Thanks!

happymom8262: Thanks so much and I will update as soon as I find out for sure whats going on or if anything changes.

angevil53: wow, thats so sad. Thankfully she has been moving around alot more tonight so I know she is okay. I wouldn't go all day without feeling her move, I'd get an ambulance if I didn't have any other way. But I am so sorry for your friend and thank you for the advice.

tiffanynichols

Comment by tiffanynichols (original poster) at 11:28 PM on May. 10, 2011