What do I do now ?

I have a close family... I see my parents everyday, I see my aunt everyday ( we are actually more like friends than aunt / niece ) , and I see my grandma a few times a week too ( i talk to her everyday though) ...

My parents live on a farm, right now my aunt and her boyfriend own a calf ( for the meat) ... they go out and feed the calf everyday, one of my uncles also has a calf and does the same. This involves them going into the barn to get the calf bottle then into the house to mix the calf milk and then back to the barn. The barn is always super muddy .

This past week someone stole all of my moms jewelry out of her jewelry box ( didnt take anything else ) . When my mom first told me about it I asked her about D - my aunts boyfriend, because it automatically popped into my head that he could be a main suspect... she agreed and also said she hated to say it but also thought my uncle because she knows he is having a hard time with money ( but on the other hand the thief took my great grandmas wedding ring and my daughters first infant ring and neither of us think he would take those even if he desperatly needed the money just because of how sensitive he is over these kind of things, he and my mom are also very close) .

The only real 'clues" is that there were big ( wide) muddy boot prints down the hallway ( white carpet) , a few steps is taken into the spare room ( where only a bed and stand is at ) , so it is like the theif went in took a look around and stepped back out and then they lead right to the jewlery box.

So this points to someone who went to the barn first ( why would some random theif go to the barn first?) and then was at the house.... I think the main people would be my uncle and my aunts boyfriend. The thing that sticks out the most is that you can tell they are wide muddy BOOTS ... my uncle has no boots, he always wears tennashoes and they are not so wide... my aunts boyfriend wears large boots everyday and he is also very sloppy ( why he didnt wipe his feet ) .

ALSO... he has been with my aunt for 5 years and yet no one knows about his past before what he has told us --- which is that he was a truck driver for 20 years and that he WAS IN JAIL FOR THEFT ... he has no family and has a tattoo on his arm that says DAVID ... well, why would he have his own name tattooed on his arm? - he also has the name BILLY tattooed on the oppostie arm and says it is in rememberance to his friend. -- that just seems funny to me ...

Now my grandma kept asking me over and over who I thought it could be ( wanting me to say I think it is one of my moms friends even though we KNOW it was not ) .. i fianlly told her I though it was D and she got upset and told me to NEVER say anything about him again ( he kisses her butt so she likes him ) .... and now I believe she will tell my aunt , and htat worries me because I do have a close relationship with my aunt and I can see this ruining it.... but on the other hand I dont want to act like he is this great guy when I KNOW he isnt.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• Has anyone called the cops to report the theft?
    Anonymous

• yes of course -- but they said there is nothing they can do but make a report and for us to look at pawn shops and then IF we find them, my mom will just have to boy the rings back.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:34 PM on May. 10, 2011

• just watch them as they coe out of the barn and into the house if it is one of them the prints will match one of theirs.
    momy_lynn_16

Answer by momy_lynn_16 at 10:39 PM on May. 10, 2011

• ask him to come measure his foot prints and prove u wrong, see if he can make an ass out of you or not. sounds like he did it
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 10:54 PM on May. 10, 2011

• What a terrible situation. I am sorry it is happening. Stealing from family. I cannot imagine how low I would have to sink to be willing to do something like that. I hope that your family is at least able to find the sentimental items, even if you have to buy them back. I guess I don't have any advice, just my sympathy.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:55 PM on May. 10, 2011

• When someone pawns something they have to provide identification which leaves a paper trail. Unless someone could be wanting these for sentimental value, then they are likely at a pawn shop, so look. Then once you find the rings they can tell you exactly who took them. Matching shoe prints will not get you the rings back, and pointing fingers without more than a shoeprint will only bring more drama. I hope you find them, that is just awful.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 5:51 AM on May. 11, 2011