You, Your kids, Then, Now

What do you do now with you kids the same and different that your parents did with you?

butterflies78

Asked by butterflies78 at 10:32 PM on May. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• I play more with my son then my parents did with me
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 10:37 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I make them help with house cleaning and stuff just as I did. The differents is I don't spank. I feel having them do what I say out of repect rather than fear teaches them respect just the same.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 10:37 PM on May. 10, 2011

• There is not a lot of difference in the way I raise them compared to the way my mama (woman who raised me) and my father handled us. My bio mom is a completely different story. I love my kids and there is a lot of love and humor in my house, just like I was raised...Dad and I are definitely in charge here...just like my parents were. The difference is that we aren't "blended"...we have mom and dad in the home and all the kids share the same parents. Honestly though, my parents were SO wonderful about not using the words "step" or "half" in our family...it was worse than if we swore. We are siblings, we were raised to be close, and it felt very natural. There was very little focus on biology in our house.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:51 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I take them to the same vaction places... i love that, we eat at the same time.... early...lol dinner).... I am a SAHM, the difference is that I cant give them a stable one home, b/c of the army, but this is a positive way also!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:54 AM on May. 11, 2011