Home work, BedTime

Do you have your kids do home work right when they get home from school or after dinner?

What time is bed time do all the ages have the same bed time?

butterflies78

Asked by butterflies78 at 10:36 PM on May. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• Well my daughter is only 3.5....but when she has homework it will be done before dinner, all the way through elementary her bedtime would probably be no later than 8 on a school night unless something important was on.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 10:39 PM on May. 10, 2011

• my kids do homework when they get home.. that way they cant use it as a reason to stay up... my kids get home do homework, they get to watch an 1hour of tv then they play wash up for dinner bath time then clean rooms then in bed by 8:30
    babymama0000

Answer by babymama0000 at 10:56 PM on May. 10, 2011

• We do homework before dinner. Home from school at 2, home work at 4-4:30ish. Dinner around 5-30-6ish, bedtime at 8.... DD is just turned 7 and in first grade. Works good so far.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:57 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Homework is so much more than it use to be.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:11 PM on May. 10, 2011

• They do homework as soon as they walk in the door if they have it. They get home at 4pm, homework right away then chores and then they can go outside to play or watch TV, dinner is at 5pm, they have to come in at 7pm to do their reading and bedtime is 8pm.
    They are 10, 9, 8 and 5 (the youngest isn't in school yet).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:30 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I only have one child. He does his homework at 4 pm after about an hour break. It is the time we agreed upon, he likes to have a snack and unwind. I do not remind him of the time, it I had to do this, we would change the situation. He goes to bed at 7:45 pm when he doesn't have Little League or Scouts. then it is usually about 8 pm by the time we get home late and he showers.

When I was young, I had a sister who was about 2 yrs younger than me. We never had a hard time wanting to stay up. We got tired at night, and we went to bed when we got tired, until high school it was around 9 pm. Of course, we didn't go to school as early in the morning as my son does.

We did our homework immediately after school, that was my mom's rule. We could eat a snack while we did it but no TV or anything until homework was done. In high school, we did it when we wanted as long as our grades stayed up.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 11:51 PM on May. 10, 2011

• right after school, and bedtime is the same for the 3 oldest... 7 PM and 5:30-6 PM for our 1 yo and the baby..well you know abies...lol
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:51 AM on May. 11, 2011