Would you tell your friend her SO hit on you?

My friends SO hit on me while he was drunk in her living room in front of her!!! He was speaking in Spanish and I was tue only one in the room out of 7 people that understands him. He even tried to tell me my name was something else and I knew him from before. I told him to leave me alone in ENGLISH and he threatened me by saying in Spanish "don't lie to me or your going to have consequences!" I left shortly after that. I never told her about it and refuse to be around him at all. But I don't know if it's something I should tell her or leave it alone. what would you do? Her and I are friends, not super close but friends.

If your SO did the same thing while he was drunk would you dismiss it because he was drunk?

Oh and btw at one point when he was hitting on me in Spanish he slurred his phone number, this guy us an idiot! I just ignored him and struck up conversation with someone else.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• Yup. Id have to say something.. He was "smart enough" to do it in spanish, that alone says he was aware. KWIM?
    And the threat would make me even more-so want to warn my friend about the guy. If he is that aggressive with you- what is he going to be like with your friend. I wouldnt want that on my chest.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:38 PM on May. 10, 2011

• What do you mean "hit on"? If he propositioned me for sex? Yes. If he was just flirting? Naw, he's drunk.
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 10:42 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I would tell your friend. She should know, I would want to know.

angelrach86

Answer by angelrach86 at 10:42 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Well I couldn't understand everything he was saying because he was slurring but he was basically saying, I'll do anything for you, call me (said his number out loud), I'll take care if you, you look good...so on. He didn't say let's have sex, at least I don't think he did. Lol what a jerk!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:47 PM on May. 10, 2011

• my husbands BFF hit on me big time when he was drunk and I dismessed it as him being drunk and not going to remember the next day anyway...I did tell my husband and he has not forgotten he is just knows his buddy isn't going to remember anyway so why bring it up
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 10:51 PM on May. 10, 2011

• People say what's on their mind when they are drunk.

You can tell your friend but more than likely he will deny it and that in turn will make you look bad.

You may possibly lose a friend.

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:52 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I don't know if it would make a difference but I think you should. Early in my marriage my stbxh tried to hook up with the daughter of a friend of mine. The daughter is a few years younger then me, my friend 20 years older. Anyway. My stbxh is a flirt so I blew her off telling her that was just him and it was harmless. Yes, I am an idiot! I feel so quilty for not believing her and have apologized so many times for being so stupid. The daughter and her mom decided not to pursue it because they did not want to lose me as a friend. I am not sure that would have happened but I am thankful they treasured my friendship that much.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:54 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Yes tell her and whatever she do with that info is on her
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 10:54 PM on May. 10, 2011

• how long has it been I would have told her right away but since you waited I'd prob let it go cause you never know   the tables could turn she'll probably say why didn't you tell me then why did you wait and expect him to lie about it!!!!! he may even say you tried hitting on him so be careful

traren

Answer by traren at 10:57 PM on May. 10, 2011

• He was drunk, and he did it in front of his girlfriend....if he does it again, yes I would say something...if not...then nope I would leave it alone. 9 times out of 10 you'll lose a friend and she'll keep the guy.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 11:16 PM on May. 10, 2011