Which is the best vacuum cleaner?

I think Kirby only because there was a salesman demonstrating it. But I did not buy one I wanted too so bad but it was too expensive. I like the way it sucked up all of the dirt not only on top of your carpet but underneath I saw it with my own eyes I was sold. I just might save for one I can do without all those other attachments though.
The other vacuum cleaner I would be interested in is a "Riccar" I have only heard of it being good.
Can you please let me know what vacuum you are using and tell me about it I would greatly appreciate it.
For now Kirby vs. Riccar

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I own a kirby and used to work for them i ended up getting mine for free cuz i sold so many but they are spendy iv never used riccar so i cant say anything about it. But kirby does a awsome job and the attatchment for carpet cleaning also is amazing.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:24 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Dyson is one of the best. Oreck is also very good and a light weight vacuum. I have both and I also have a Kirby but I never use it because I don't think is does as well plus it is very heavy.

Cindrella72

Answer by Cindrella72 at 2:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I love my Dyson. I hate my mothers Kirby. Even with the 'self drive' thing it is so heavy she can barely use it. I wind up going to her house to vacuum for her. Plus the kirby picks up odors and it's like permanently stuck in the vacuum. My Moms smells like her dog. Im not talking potty smell..just dog smell.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:12 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I love my Kirby!! It is self propelled and easy for me to use. I have a bad back and vacuuming is something I am NOT sposed to do, but with this one, it's no problem! I got mine cheap tho: Paid off $150.00 of it and claimed bankruptcy on the rest. I know, bad but I did it.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 7:40 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• i have the classic royal vacuum that my mother gave me. it looks like a kirby and it's great. i love it.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:05 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• call your local vac repair shop and ask them, they will know everything, but I love my dyson
    determind

Answer by determind at 11:06 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I have a Bissell Healthy Home vacuum and love it! I couldn't afford a Dyson, but the Bissel is the next best thing w/o the big pricetag. It gets all the dog hair (two dogs), dust, dirt, etc. from the carpets and, I swear, it was pulling stuff up from under my hardwood floors downstairs...lol.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 3:23 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I used to go through a vacuum a year but we bought a Dyson last year and I'm in love. It's so easy to use, when it gets clogged, it so easy to get it out. I also have two dogs and two boys who make huge messes and it works so well to clean up all that.
    jennmarie77

Answer by jennmarie77 at 11:30 AM on Dec. 6, 2008