Baby sweating

Does anyone else's baby sweat really bad at night? My DD is 9 months old and she can sweat so bad the sheet is soaked. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen.

Aeternam

Asked by Aeternam at 11:04 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my ds is like that, he likes it cold (he's just like his daddy)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:07 PM on May. 10, 2011

• my son sweats so bad also, he soaks his pillow case an sheet sometimes. we live in a hot area though so its incredibly hot at night, when we used to live in oregon it was to cold in the winter that we would bundle him up an the same thing would happen. i always thought something was wrong with him but hes fine..
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 12:08 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Either the bedding is too warm, she's dressed too warmly or her room is too hot...
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 11:06 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Well she sleeps with me right now, and its really cool in the room. She is also cool to the touch, and I just can't figure out why she is sweating so bad.
    Aeternam

Comment by Aeternam (original poster) at 11:08 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I am like it as well, but my DH thinks something is wrong with her because he stays cold and I get hot easily.
    Aeternam

Comment by Aeternam (original poster) at 11:09 PM on May. 10, 2011

• i thought something was wrong with my ds b/c i stay cold but he was tested for diabetes and is fine....i hope ur baby is too, just ask the ped :) it can't hurt to ask
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:22 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Body heat will make you and her warmer faster. Sweat is a body's natural way to try and cool off.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:23 PM on May. 10, 2011

• true. another weird thing is no matter how much she eats, she always eats every 4 hrs and she has a slow growth rate and for 9month old is only 15lbs. But she has hit all her milestones ahead of time.
    Aeternam

Comment by Aeternam (original poster) at 11:24 PM on May. 10, 2011

• idk....i'd check with her doctor, i always had big fat babies so *bump* for her being little
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:29 PM on May. 10, 2011

• DD would get like that at that age. I just let her sleep in a diaper with a fan in the room :)
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 2:54 AM on May. 11, 2011