Who has it easier, Mothers or Fathers?

I know, really its the Grandparents that have the best deal...

But do you think that Fathers have it easier? I don't care if you are married or not, or step-parents or not. All I know is that whenever a child behaves badly, gets hurt, or gets in trouble, I never hear anyone say, "Where is that child's Father?"

And when they are great, it's always "What wonderful parents that kid has!" I don't think Mothers get enough credit, and they get all of the blame!

dwmom2008

Asked by dwmom2008 at 11:04 PM on May. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• I've never really seen it like that. I think that both parents have it equally hard, although they both have different rolls.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 11:07 PM on May. 10, 2011

• They may have it easier, but most of them are not equipped to take care of things as well as mothers.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:10 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Fathers have it easier, imo.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:06 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Fathers. Mothers have to wear different hats. If you are a stay at home mom, most likely your husband assumes you should take care of the household 24/7, no weekends, etc. If you work outside the home, not only you are working during the day, the second shift starts the minute you get home. Sometimes I wish I had sons.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 11:15 PM on May. 10, 2011

• def dads.
    Ronnies_Girl

Answer by Ronnies_Girl at 11:18 PM on May. 10, 2011

• My husband sure has it easier in MY house. Gets home before breakfast and goes straight to bed (waking me up before the alarm). Gets up after lunch. Leaves for work before dinner. On GOOD days he and our son get an hour together between home from school and leave for work.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:26 PM on May. 10, 2011

• IDK, my DH takes the same reponsibilty as I do and we are always together, so never really had that issue
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:36 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Dads do. I'm a sahm who gets 3 hours to myself on Sunday evening. That's it. I know that's better than nothing. My husband may not look at going to work as getting a break, but I do. He's out of the house, he sees and talks to a bunch of different people everyday...I have supper ready when he gets home. After dinner, he helps me with the dishes, then goes and takes a shower. After that, he only has about an hour to spend with our son. He works most Saturdays too. We also have 7 dogs...I've always got my hands full. There's always something that needs to be done. He doesn't have to "deal" with any of it.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 9:58 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Hey, I think it's time for a revolution, or at least a strike! But then, who would clean up that mess? LOL! Great answers ladies!
    dwmom2008

Comment by dwmom2008 (original poster) at 11:03 AM on May. 11, 2011