Any kids from the 70's and 80's out there?

I was a real little kid in the 70's and did most of my school years in the 80's.

I can remember watching Land of the Lost on TV and HR Puffenstuff, wearing bell bottom jeans, then gummy bracelets, when Madonna ruled the radio, seeing The Breakfast Club in the movie theater. I remember eating Pop Rocks, having to tie my shoelaces, carrying a metal lunchbox, and playing on very unsafe playground equipment :) I remember when Reagan was POTUS, there were only 3 channels on the TV and no remote controls, and cell phones were first invented!

What are your favorite memories from the 70's and 80's?

dwmom2008

Asked by dwmom2008 at 11:12 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Romper Room and Picture Pages. Watching MTV when all they did was play music!! Playing outside all day with your friends and going home when the street lights came on. Actually knowing all of your neighbors and them knowing you well enough to tell your Mama when you were acting out! When the only privacy you got while on the phone involved stretching the cord into another room or outside!! Being able yo buy a coke and a candy bar for less than a dollar!
    jspencer1014

Answer by jspencer1014 at 1:36 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I remember when they played the national anthem at midnight an the TV was off until the morning!!!! gas was under a $1 a gallon and hanging out with friends meant that everyone rode their bikes to the park!!!

traren

Answer by traren at 11:18 PM on May. 10, 2011

• The 80's were the best! Sometimes I miss those years.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:21 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I was born in 72, and remember all of that stuff!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:20 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I LOVE the 80s era! Who can forget about The Breakfast Club, St Elmo's Fire, Madonna and Michael Jackson, Michael J. Fox and Back the Future, Duran Duran and my favorite song was "Take on Me" by Aha. That Jennifer Garner movie shown a few years ago takes me back to the 80s. Loved that too. I'm proud to say I'm just 2yrs younger than Sesame Street lol
    filmom2ethan

Answer by filmom2ethan at 11:21 PM on May. 10, 2011

• lol atari cartirdges look nothing like dvd's...

lol evil knievel lol was my brothers favorite!!!!

lol my first record lol" was rhinestone cowboy by glenn campbell i went through so many record player needles it ws unreal.

traren

Answer by traren at 11:35 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Ahhhh. Pink and blue eyeshadow, legwarmers, the Dukes of Hazzard.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:14 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Battlestar Galactica, A-team, Flashdance, spikey bangs, pegged pants, Wham, "Money for nothin' and your chicks for fee", Trolls, Gremlins...

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:17 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Born in 1974, the good ' ol days.. Green Acors, Gomer- Phile, (sp?)
    Being outside from dawn to dusk, dirty black soled feet from running around barefoot.
    Oh, the Brady bunch.. roterie dial phones.. no cordless phone and busy singles.
    Gezz, I feel old..
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 11:25 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Awww I bet the 70's and 80's were fun. I was born in 85 so dont know much
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 11:17 PM on May. 10, 2011