When my girls (3 and 5 yrs old) "rough house" with my husband... adult content

sometimes they get him in the crotch. he gets so angry with them. we have never had to introduce the idea of boys different body parts than girls. i dont really know how to handle the situation.

happymom8262

Asked by happymom8262 at 11:15 PM on May. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would just explain that she has a private area and so does everyone else and that the private area shouldnt be touched or hit because it can hurt if you hit it. That should be enough. I dont think you need to explain the differences unless they have seen and asked why daddy looks different a private is good enough imo.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 11:31 PM on May. 10, 2011

• You should take care of talking to them.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:17 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Yes I agree... I assume the 5 yr old is in school. You may want to talk to them before another 5 yr old do...good luck mama
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 11:22 PM on May. 10, 2011

• just say its a private area that hurts alot if you hit it. i guess you can just say boy and girls both have that private area down there without saying what it is.

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 11:25 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Just tell them that they have to be careful of Daddy's crotch! It hurts when you hit him there. Or buy him a cup... :) I don't see why it would be a big deal to tell them that boys are made differently. Really, these are just body parts we are talking about. Kids don't know the "big secret purpose" for them. A penis is really no different from an elbow, when you get down to it. It has a function, and it performs the function! If you are really worried about it, try checking a book out of the library that has the different body parts in it.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 11:47 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I don't think you really, at those ages, need to go into more detail than "be careful not to hit daddy there because it really hurts him when you do that, and daddy doesn't like being hurt just like you don't like it when you're hurt".
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 11:51 PM on May. 10, 2011

• to what extent should we go in explaining? show her a picture? explain what it looks like? or just kinda tell her that boys have different "pee pees" than girls? or that boys "pee pees" are on the outside and a girl's is on the inside? i just dont know, the thought of it makes me anxious. i just want to do it the right way, whatever that is
    happymom8262

Comment by happymom8262 (original poster) at 11:26 PM on May. 10, 2011

• i wouldn't go into detail just tell them it hurts boys when you hit them on their peepee... my dd laughs at her baby brother cuz he don't have a "tootie" lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:32 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I think as the dad, he should explain that to be hit there is painful for men. I also think he needs to "tuck his junk" and protect himself better and not loose his cool on them. They are little, and I am sure they are unaware.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:36 AM on May. 11, 2011