I keep on geting a ultrasound and they keep on telling me that they dont see a baby yet wat is the earleast that u could hear a hear beat or see a baby

the tell me that they dont know how many months i am because i was taking the pill and my period was regulary

MOMYOF2939

Asked by MOMYOF2939 at 11:24 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• my friend seen hers at 7 weeks
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 11:26 PM on May. 10, 2011

• did they do a vaginal or abdominal? i had a vaginal at 6 weeks and they could see the "sac" and my baby's heartbeat
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:26 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Um exactly how many ultrasounds have you had??? If they don't see a baby more than likely you aren't pregnant, I mean when I was pregnant they waited until I was so far along.....I have never met a doctor who will give you more than one ultrasound within a certain time frame.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 11:27 PM on May. 10, 2011

• The earliest a doctor can get a baby's heartbeat on a doppler inside the womb is 9 weeks... any earlier and it might not be able to be heard! Hope this helps... on the flip side you should take into account your size. If you are smaller it might happen sooner and if you are larger than it may happen a little later

babymama0000

Answer by babymama0000 at 11:29 PM on May. 10, 2011

• we seen the sac at 5wks
    mrsejaney

Answer by mrsejaney at 11:32 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I saw the sac and heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days with this baby
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:35 PM on May. 10, 2011

• and i know in my clinic i work in we do not just give out alot of ultrasounds unless we need the heart rates or your having pains. we do 2 weeks Prenatal Visit then 2weeks later we do ultrasound so you get 1 ultrasound a month..... more inlikley your not preg. ur prob a person who puts random stuff on here.....
    babymama0000

Answer by babymama0000 at 11:37 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Try not to have them do too many ultrasounds. It can make the child slow to learn speech. My neighbor had weekly ultrasounds through her preganancies. Both kids talked late and one still had trouble speaking clearly at age 10.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 11:39 PM on May. 10, 2011

• If they arent seeing a baby, or sac, you probably aren't. We saw ours at 5 weeks through internal.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:45 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Let me put your mind at ease. Diagnostic Ultrasound has NEVER been shown to cause any harmful affects to a fetus. To my knowledge, there are NO ultrasounds machines that are capable of using frequencies in any known harmful range.

Most ultrasound machines have their obstetrical settings at the lowest ranges possible and we try to minimize using what is called doppler. Doppler shows blood flow and is usually not used a lot during an exam.

In America, it is quite common for women to have multiple ultrasounds during a pregnancy. I have done as many as 10 ultrasounds on a mother, when there is a problem we are following. For example: a woman with twins, towards the end of the 3rd trimester, may come in every week to have an ultrasound.I checked with our Physical Therapist here and asked her about therapeutic ultrasound (for healing only) frequencies. She said that she has never heard of any harmful affects of ultrasound in h
    babymama0000

Answer by babymama0000 at 11:45 PM on May. 10, 2011