How can I tighten my stomach?

I don't want to loose any weight, I am a very small person. Yet, after having twins 2 years ago & finally being able to work out, I want to tighten the extra skin on my stomach and tone my legs, arms & body in general. I swear, it looks like I have TWO belly buttons because of the extra skin on my stomach. I just want to look good and be healthy and in shape. Are there any work outs I can do to tighten up that extra skin on my tummy? Any tips on how to tone my body & loose what looks like a gut?

jjk45xox

Asked by jjk45xox at 11:31 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• there are ab exercises that I will try to describe.
    on a bench declined where legs are lower than upper body, holding on, lift up legs straight up then bring up butt and down. start with 15-20 times, 3 intervals. Move it up to 20-25 times to working on the muscle. In between intervals. do a plank pose for up to 1min (tightening abs)

Also, use a 10lb ball or weight. Lie on a medicine ball with feet flat on the floor. Twist your upper body (not hips), left to right. To balance your body on the ball, tighten abs. Do same repetitions as previous exercise. Between intervals, do upper body exercises while tightening abs.

You really can't focus on one area of your body. Your muscles are all connected. When doing something like the plank pose or upper n lower body exercises, continue to tighten abs and balance your body.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 12:09 AM on May. 11, 2011

• You need to start doing some regular exercise, in general. Aim for 60 minutes of at least moderate intensity exercise 5 days a week. Include some strength training (not just your abs, but everywhere). Make sure your heart rate is getting up and you're breaking a good sweat, I love running and cycling, but a good hike is great, playing a vigorous game of Frisbee with DH and the kids, playing touch football with the kids, etc will all get you toned up. The skin may or may not tighten back up. Part of that is genetically determined. But exercise will help. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:51 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Thanks for the tips! I am going to try some of those reps when I get home from work at night. I just have to make sure to make the time around my work schedule & kids :) Thanks ladies!
    jjk45xox

Comment by jjk45xox (original poster) at 2:22 AM on May. 15, 2011