Husband is jealous of promotion..

I just got a promotion in my job and it seems like he is having a hard time being happy for me. I never really mention that I make the majority of the money, I don't CARE, I just want him to do something he loves and is good at. If I have to carry the financial burden, then I will gladly, I just told him about the promotion thinking he would want to celebrate, but "No". It doesn't change my hours or anything, it is just a little more money,

Shouldn't he be happy that extra money is coming into the house and not all moody b/c I have what he says is a "great" job.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• Men are more hard-wired to be the breadwinner. They don't feel "man enough" if their spouse makes more money than them. It's not you, and it's not really him, it's more the society we live in.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:49 PM on May. 10, 2011

• YES.. he definitely should tell you how Proud he is of you & Great Job! Men can really be So Immature sometimes & Jerk-Offs too! LOL:) hopefully, he will come back down to earth soon & make it up to you! Way to Go on your promotion!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:48 PM on May. 10, 2011

• He should deff be happy his wife is a successful woman
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 7:11 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Yes he should be happy for you!! Men can be so silly about these things.
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 10:32 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Congrats!!!!!! He should be. I'm sure he will enjoy the more money coming in. Just doesn't like the thought of it coming from you instead of him. Men are just weird about that. That's why you don't hear of many stay at home dads.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 12:43 PM on May. 11, 2011