How can I make my husband feel better about his lower paying job?

My husband always worked in the auto industry, when the bottom fell out. He found something else to do, it sounds like a great company. The problem is now he is making 1/2 what I do and feels like he should be providing for his family. I don't care about that, we are making it just fine.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• just reassure him of that, and it's all you can do. Tell him to be thankful he's not sitting on the corner begging for money. good for him for taking a lower paying job at ALL!! a lot of men wouldn't...too much pride. when it comes to supporting a family, a lot of men don't feel like it's ever enough. things will get better :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:54 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Right now I am the only one bringing home an income. It has been a major blow to Hubbies ego, but we just keep talking about it. To make things worse I am leaving for 3 months for project work so he is having to learn all my "jobs". I have been teasing him that he lost his job just so he can keep the house running while I am gone, lol. Thank goodness we don't have little ones at home anymore.
    The only thing I can say is communicate, talk, share, and value each other for what special things you each bring to the relationship.
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 11:55 PM on May. 10, 2011

• He's a big boy. He will be fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Say nothing just be thankful he is working
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 7:10 AM on May. 11, 2011

• just let him know how appreciative you are for the sacrifices he is making, it should make him feel better. Everything happens for a reason, let him know that too. I hope everything turns out well
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 12:00 AM on May. 11, 2011

• A man always wants to feel like they are doing something. Chances are the money making end of it was all he felt he was doing right. Example, you don't like it when he cleans because he loses stuff, doesn't do it right or even hangs a picture lop-sided.. So, the job was all he had to know he was doing something right. Men like to fix a problem, not add to it!! Just give him lovings, maybe he could find something a little better (My dh feels like this ALL the time! I want to do more for you, I want to be able to buy you things.. Honey, i'm completely happy and fine as is.. It's okay that I bring in the money in from home, i like my business, I will be making enough for him to stay at home and help me in a while! I just have to remind him of that and then he's okay.. Like he's going to do it better than me or something :)! I'll just let him think that!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 12:04 AM on May. 11, 2011