Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do if your bf, bm, bd broke your car window?

Me n my b/f both have a kid with someone else before we meant each other. Long story short my b/f went to see his daughter and his bm bf starts triping and ran after our car and bust my window would you get revenge even tho the cops didnt charge the person that did it with property damage?

Answer Question

Asked by mystery8307 at 11:43 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Relationships

Level 9 (348 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • Seeking revenge, in my opinion, is immature.

    Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:46 PM on May. 10, 2011

  • pretty sure you could still take him to court to pay for it as long as you get the police record

    Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 11:47 PM on May. 10, 2011

  • BF,BM,BD.....?
    Well now...I think you need to make the effort to SPELL out the words if you want to be taken seriosuly! @@ But ...what the heck? Talk about dysfunctional and criminal people! I can't believe that the cops didn't charge them. But--- stay away from them in the future. Nobody needs that kind of crap in their lives. I don't even KNOW people like that! You need to find better , nicer people to hang out with. KWIM?

    Answer by minnesotanice at 11:47 PM on May. 10, 2011

  • i would go to the police and try to file a police report then try to press charges

    Answer by KiraStadnik at 12:20 AM on May. 11, 2011

  • and getting revenge would be really dumb because there are chances they will call the cops on you and you will go to jail and have legal issues. do you need those problems while you have kids?

    Answer by KiraStadnik at 12:23 AM on May. 11, 2011

  • we have called the cops thats what I mean the cops didnt charge him with property damage so I had to wound up paying for damages that was uncalled for he didnt think about the kids when my child was in the back seat.

    Comment by mystery8307 (original poster) at 12:27 AM on May. 11, 2011

  • 1st off I dont hang with her or her stupid bf my fiancee has a child with her so why would I sit and hang around her and her bf? It still dont give him no right to bust my stuff whatever my fiancee had before me I cant get mad but I can get mad if damage is coming and could harm me or my child. The cops put it like we broke our on window so who would be stupid to break they on window? That goes to show you cops dont always put right where right belongs.

    Comment by mystery8307 (original poster) at 12:32 AM on May. 11, 2011

  • I'd just turn it in to my insurance co and let them get the money back from her insurance co. All you need is the police report

    Answer by admckenzie at 12:53 AM on May. 11, 2011

  • Were you there when it happened? I ask this because I find it odd that you know who did it but the police didn't charge them. If you weren't there, I'd wonder if perhaps your boyfriend isn't telling you the truth about what happened.

    Regardless, revenge is stupid and petty, and likely to just end up with you in legal trouble. I wouldn't do it. I'd simply turn in the claim to the insurance, or pay for it out of pocket. And if in fact it was the ex/ex's boyfriend, I'd maybe make it a point to have visits in very public places in the future, where there would be plenty of witnesses if sh/he pulls a stunt like that again.

    Answer by wendythewriter at 9:14 AM on May. 11, 2011

  • take his ass to court.. u got a police report on the window.. thats good enough there. he will have to pay it

    Answer by 1melmel1 at 12:22 PM on May. 11, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.