Would you feel at blame?

For the weekend me n my son went in La where my fly resides to visit. I have told his daddy that we would be out there n I took it upon myself to bring his son see him on friday but the rest of the days he never called for him except a txt later that sunday. The question was can I get my son the rest of the day when i responded No. When we was leaving the next day he saids I'm wrong and I should have called him and let him know it was ok to come get him. What you think? what would be your response?

mystery8307

Asked by mystery8307 at 11:51 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• I did not understand with the way you used certain words. Sorry.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 11:56 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Sounds like splitting hairs, and putting the child in the middle here. You both should have discussed it during the time you took him to see his father which days would be appropriate. If you husband wasn't capable of forming a simple question about it, for the sake of your son you should have set aside your pride and initiated the discussion. It's not about us - it's all about our kids.

It's not about escaping blame. Neither of you performed parenting skills at your best here. But I can't honestly point a finger at your husband, anymore than I can at you. I know these things. I raise two kids, and ALWAYS had to do the initiating for visitations. When they matured they made up their minds, based on their thoughts and feelings. I never negated him in front of them, but showed them by example how it should be. Not a perfect mom, and it wasn't easy. But they were worth it~
    Rowesbud

Answer by Rowesbud at 11:58 PM on May. 10, 2011

• You went to LA to see your baby's daddy, he blew you off and is trying to make you feel guilty as you're leaving? What a jerk!
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:58 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Your "fly"???
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:06 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I say u snooze u lose. keep it moving because he should've responded.
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 12:06 AM on May. 11, 2011

• If you took your son to see dad, dad text and you tell him, No.. what was the point. Did he know you were going to show up, as he could have made plans, cleared his scheudule..
    I don't understand why you'd go all that way, to tell him no..
    To make yourself look good and Dad, to look bad.. I don't get it..
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 12:06 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I really didnt go to see my BD i went out there bc my family stays out there and it was mother's day. Me and my BD is not together but I did let him know we was coming down there and I took it upon myself to let his son see his father. I felt I had the proper communications b/c I let him know but I feel he didnt take advantage of the situation especally if you know about him being out there....
    mystery8307

Comment by mystery8307 (original poster) at 12:09 AM on May. 11, 2011

• no it wasnt to make myself look good or him look bad i didnt go there for him anyways just that he stays out there also. I feel he did what he had to do with his friends and then decided to call he aint never called or text except the sunday when we was about to leave out. If you aint never seen your child in awhile would you call or put somethings on the side to spend time with your child get where Im coming from.
    mystery8307

Comment by mystery8307 (original poster) at 12:18 AM on May. 11, 2011

• If he really wanted to see his son, he would have made it happen. He's wrong to blame you for his own mistake.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 5:11 AM on May. 11, 2011

• So he saw his son on Friday, then he wanted him for the rest of Sunday, but you said no? Personally I would have let him see the boy, but that's just me. He *could* have made more of an effort, but you don't know what else he had going on.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:38 AM on May. 11, 2011