My tubes are tied and I am three weeks late---no bashing abortion question

and it is freaking me out because the dr said that 1 in 500 still get pregnant with you tubes ties, and my SO and I have been apart for 6 months, four weeks ago when he was home we had sex about 100 times, and that was two weeks after my last period (last month), when should I test to know for sure when I was pregnant with my kids I never found out till I was like three months along, I got my tube tied because I can not afford anymore kids, I would need to terminate this pregnancy, so I want to find out right away, when should I test, no this is not a troll post I am heart broken about this I do not even think I can go through with it, if I have to. When should I test??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on May. 11, 2011 in Health

• Go right to your doc, you going to need to either way!! (((hugs))) I know this can't be easy for you what ever you do!!!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:03 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Ohhh I forgot to say you can test now!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:04 AM on May. 11, 2011

• If you're three weeks late, testing now should return an accurate result. I'd go to the doctor for a blood test to make certain.
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 12:04 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I suggest a blood test
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:05 AM on May. 11, 2011

• i would go to the doc
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 12:08 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Go to the doctor now. I know 2 people who got pregnant after their tubes were tied and they carried to term and had healthy babies.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:26 AM on May. 11, 2011

• How long ago were tubes tied?
    It took me forever - and then only going back on pill (horrible pms) to make periods go back to normal.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 7:48 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I mean NO disrespect but it annoys the hell out of me that doctors don't explain side effects and so many ladies ask the same or similar question.

Getting your tubes tied can cause your periods to slow or even stop. In some they experience premature peri-menopause or even premature menopause....and it can be labeled PTLS: http://www.tubal.org/symptoms_of_pts.htm

Yes it is possible to get pregnant with a tubal, tubals can "fail" in a sense. So, go ahead and test, but if it comes back negative it is most likely just a side effect of the tubal itself!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:54 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I got my tubes ties almost four years ago and my periods were always regular till this month
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:57 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Some women can get pregnant when their tubes are tied, which might be an ectopic pregnancy. This could be dangerous to your health -- call the doctor right away.

Such a pregnancy would not survive past a few days before it ruptured because it's not in the womb, it's in the tube where it can't grow.

Good luck
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 10:40 PM on May. 11, 2011