Patience?!?! not sure what that is at this point....... Colic.............

My 7weeker is bound to stay awake at night, but she is seriously mistaken. Gave her a bath and a full belly and slept for maybe an hour and since then its up and down every few minutes and there be alot of crying. i so tired my eyes are rollling in the back of my head..... cant type anymore :(

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 12:09 AM on May. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it could be colic. but also it could be acid reflecks which causes pain for the baby .... i would talk to your doctor
    babymama0000

Answer by babymama0000 at 12:11 AM on May. 11, 2011

• aww. so sorry your baby's feeling bad. I know you must be tired have you tried. My friend baby had colic and she used
    Colic Calm Gripe you can find it at health foods stores or online but ask your peds doc. first other then that I good swaddle and lots of holding.
    3mclark

Answer by 3mclark at 12:18 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I agree with babymama I would look into acid reflex as well.
    3mclark

Answer by 3mclark at 12:19 AM on May. 11, 2011

• we saw the pediatrician... told her about her feeds.. and how she is on the same formula since she was in NICU.. she never spits up.. and doesnt have an issue with going to the bathroom, but if it continues i will ask again... unfortunately there isnt much u can do for a colicy baby
    mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 12:37 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Are you breastfeeding or formula feeding? If you are using formula, maybe you need to change to a different one. Some babies seem to have their own schedules.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:40 AM on May. 11, 2011

• my baby was colic and was born 4 months early and the formula wasnt working for him... they changed it so many times nothing.. they put him on normal milk and he did alot better with that. but good chance its acid reflect or the formula is to much for her...
    babymama0000

Answer by babymama0000 at 12:45 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I hear Chamomile (2oz) tea does the trick.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 2:49 AM on May. 11, 2011

• My son was colicy and had acid reflux and was up all night! I know how u feel, it's hard, but I promise it will pass! My DS was sleeping much better by four months and by 5 months and still now at 8 months he sleeps beautifully, from 8pm to 7am no wake ups at all! I highly recommend chamomile tea, it works wonders, it won't take the colic away completely but it lessens his symptoms and relieves his discomfort some......and urs too :) GL!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 11:41 PM on May. 11, 2011

• There's a growth spurt that happens around 6 weeks, so maybe she's still hungry an hour later, feed her again. But if that doesnt work try the gripe water, Colic Calm is the best doesnt have any nasty additives. Also I always recommend a great book for sleep training called The Baby Sleep Solution by Suzy Giordano, it's short and very effective! Good luck!
    Stef (the nanny from http;//askananny.com)
    AskANanny

Answer by AskANanny at 11:43 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Could be cluster feeding during a growth spurt...they can happen frequently or not at all... When my baby is cluster feeding I have to feed him every 45 minutes....

Baby sometimes gets crazy when he knows I'm close--guess he wants to feed. So my husband sleeps closest to the co-sleeper to keep the baby calmer. Works wonderfully!

Try swaddling your baby to help keep her still. Generally we only will swaddle Baby when he's in a frantic mood and it's bed time--works wonders, too!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:10 AM on May. 12, 2011