How do you sleep when baby isn't in the room?

DD stayed in our room from day 1 until about a week ago. We decided it was time to switch her to her crib since she is almost 8 months. Well she is doing great, but I havent slept since the big move!!! How do you get sleep?!?!

ASigler86

Asked by ASigler86 at 12:22 AM on May. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I co-slept with my second for the first two years. When we finally got her into her own bed, I was so happy to not be kicked by little feet all night, it was easy. Well, as easy as it is for someone with chronic insomnia to sleep.
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 12:24 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I used a music box which would play softly in my baby's room, and I felt more closely connected. A baby intercom system helped with this and made it easier for me to sleep. I happens to all of us, and it will square eventually. Good luck. ♥
    Rowesbud

Answer by Rowesbud at 12:25 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I actually had to turn the baby monitor off b/c every little rustle would wake me. Even now at almost 3 I can hear her cry w/o a monitor and she is 2 rooms away and Daddy doesn't hear her.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:27 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Thanks ladies!! We have the video monitor but my hubby turned off the video because I just sit and stare, lol. Just worry because I can't just reach over and touch her!!
    ASigler86

Comment by ASigler86 (original poster) at 12:28 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Im trying to get my son into his crib too. He is 7 months. The other night I got him to sleep in his crib (which is still in my room) and I missed him lol. I got so used to his little body sleeping with me and wanting to breast feed. Aw, hes so cute, hes sleeping now and I miss him!
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 12:30 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Glad to hear I'm not alone!!
    ASigler86

Comment by ASigler86 (original poster) at 12:31 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I slept really well...unless one of them had a cold. But they slept in their own beds from about 2 or 3 weeks. We ALL slept better that way.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:35 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I used a baby monitor... both kid in there own rooms from about week 2 or so!! If they cried I woke up. I slept GREAT when I wasn't up feeding!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:37 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I keep looking at the monitor. I can sleep better with my son in his own crib. You co-sleep for a long time so it's hard to seperate, but eventually you will get used to it.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 9:51 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I had my own kids in their own rooms from the beginning. I woke every time they made a noise, but once they started sleeping heavy, so did I. I still hear my 2 yo in the night if he has a bad dream even without the monitor, but I have no problem going back to sleep.

Answer by missanc at 10:07 AM on May. 11, 2011