I am organizing a lunch potluck for my children's playschool and there are 60 moms invited. How should I go about it?

I have never done this for so many people so I don't know what things and how much of each i should be asking for. I was thinking of writing up a list of items and a number of each to have the parents sign up for. And should I ask for pre made or make your own sandwiches? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on May. 11, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Id start out with deciding how much food you need. Divide it up, so many bring a main dish, so many bring sides and the rest bring a dessert. We had one for my dd chior group and there wasn't a theam, like chicken, beef or ???.
    Easiest everyone bring sandwhiches, not as good but...
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 12:29 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Don't forget drinks, tableware, etc. Great for moms who don't cook to bring!

GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 2:15 AM on May. 11, 2011

• When you're planning the sides, go ahead and give specific categories. Maybe have "vegetable" or "starch" or "fruit" rather than just side. You'd hate for everyone to bring macaroni and cheese when you really needed green beans.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 1:28 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I would make a sign up sheet for what you want to have there. Put the food into categories, so many main disshes so many sides, drinks, tableware. I would also inquire about allergies to make sure all the food is safe for everyone and put the restricted items on the sign up sheet.
    mom2averal

Answer by mom2averal at 3:26 PM on May. 12, 2011