Hysterectomy at 21 y/o

So today was my drs appointment to go over my placenta previa. Come to find out its placenta accreta but can turn into placenta percreta. I go in two weeks to see a specialist about it and see what they say. If it is placenta percreta they said i will more than likely have to have a hysterectomy.

has anyone else had to have a hysterectomy at such a young age? or decided to have one!?

brookenbrodyn

Asked by brookenbrodyn at 12:39 AM on May. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I am getting the Essure procedure (similar to getting your tubes tied) done, but not a hysterectomy. I am 21 years old.

Here's a bump. Good luck... I hope everything turns out for the better.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:41 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Oh Hun! I am so sorry that you are dealing with this! i have never had either of those conditions but hopefully some one else on here will have some useful advice for you (((hugs)))

jspencer1014

Answer by jspencer1014 at 12:44 AM on May. 11, 2011

• thank you both :/ I can't find ANYONE to talk to about it because no one has been THIS young and have to go through it
    brookenbrodyn

Comment by brookenbrodyn (original poster) at 12:46 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I am 25 now. I had a Hysterectomy about 4 years ago. I had a severe case of endometriosis and that was causing all of my organs to stick together basically and I was loosing bladder function because of it. Although I had had one child already I had a really rough time trying to wrap my head around the fact that i would never be able to have another child. I never thought I would get married, and as I had been a single mom for so long I just resigned myself to the idea that it woule be just me and my baby girl forever. BUT, I met the greatest man ever and we recently got married, he knew that i was unable to have children when we met, but now that we have been together we are considering invitro for us to have a child. We have a big and loving family all willing to help in any way. I am proof that even though things don't turn out the way you planned, they have a way of working out in the end. Friend me for advise.
    Mrs.Lyons

Answer by Mrs.Lyons at 1:29 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Oh wow - a mom I know is going through the same thing, but she's on bedrest in the hospital and was actually just transferred to the Mayo clinic for her percreta! I can't even imagine what it's like, other than reading her caringbridge entries. She's a little older though and is pregnant wtih her 4th. I know it's easier said than done, but right now you really need to take it easy and try not to stress about it. Sending hugs & good thoughts that it does not turn into percreta for you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on May. 11, 2011

• well, i would have a boy and girl and Im ok with having the hysterectomy..I just can't seem to find someone who has been through the same thing to talk to about everything thats going on....Thank you for sharing your experience with me i greatly appreciate it
    brookenbrodyn

Comment by brookenbrodyn (original poster) at 10:37 AM on May. 11, 2011

• thank you very much
    brookenbrodyn

Comment by brookenbrodyn (original poster) at 10:43 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I have not had one but my OB/GYN dr suggested a hysterectomy at my tubal ligation consult last month and I'm only 22. I said no since I'm only 22.
    lilmommy10805

Answer by lilmommy10805 at 5:38 PM on May. 11, 2011

• i can't say no
    brookenbrodyn

Comment by brookenbrodyn (original poster) at 3:15 PM on May. 13, 2011