How do you get your house clean and chores kept up with kids?

I have 2 toddlers and only one that naps. I need ideas and suggestions on how to keep everything clean,neat,and organized while not ignoring my kids!! Please tell me it's not impossible!

2coolmama

Asked by 2coolmama at 10:20 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I do the same things everyday. My brother-in0law and his girlfriend wonder how are our is clean with 3 kids ( all under 5). I clean about 2 or 3 times a day. I clean before we leave the house too. Feel to PM me if you need someone to talk too.
    Billi_S

Answer by Billi_S at 10:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• My son is 14 months and he helps me ( well in his own lil way) i put on music and i clean and he follows me. i usally give him a little rag and he has a ball! also he loves the vacuum he thinks its a game to run away from it. so he thinks we r playing chase but im really cleaning my house!
    JayBearsmomma

Answer by JayBearsmomma at 10:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• i have a 4 yrs old and a 18 months old. we sing a song called clean up while we pick everything up. I make it a game so when we are done we have a little snack for doing a good job. it is not easy because they dont always want to play so I work around them and keep going. I clean about 3-5 times a day when I am off work.
    mommy-in-pink

Answer by mommy-in-pink at 10:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Make the kids help. I have trained my kids since they learned to walk. I try to teach them not to step on books or toys, but to pick them up and have a home for everything.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:20 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• My first reply was too long to post :(. Okay, first I have my son HELP. He's only 20m old (and I'm 30w pregnant), but he can do things like dust and wipe windows with vinegar. Even if it's not the best job, it keeps him busy while i get other things done.

But my biggest piece of advice is that if you have a LOT to catch up on, find someone who can watch your children for just ONE day. During that ONE day get your house up to the level of cleanliness you'd like it to be on a daily basis. It's a lot easier to KEEP a house clean than to clean it when it's a huge mess. If you need any more help feel free to PM me
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 9:29 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I ahve 4 kids (15/13/9/7) when they were younger I clean in little segments so I felt like I got some done and it wouldn't take time away.... like I would watch a show and during the show I would fold laundry (or seperate it)... or I would wait til a commercial and start watching dishes and wait for them to call "moms shows on".... my oldest daughter is 13 she loves to watch these tween shows with me and I still do the same thing with her.... When its reading time I have them in the room reading to me (in turns) while I clean up.... they get their assignments done I get my housework done and I only do my outside job work after they are in bed...this way I can't get caught up in my own paper work that I dont pay attention to them. I do this especially with my younger ones.... but i have to include my eldest daughter in the reading thing cause she has reading problems.

Just set a schedule that works for you...it took a while before I managed to make mine work
    Smallstorm

Answer by Smallstorm at 11:45 AM on Jul. 17, 2008