Sleep problems!!

My 19month old DS has been having sleep issues here with in the past 2 weeks. My DH has just got new job, where before my DH would be home at night but now he goes to work at 4pm and gets off at 2am. And my dh would be the one who got up with our DS at night. Everytime i go in my sons room he screams twice as loud!! I thought it was just he wanted his daddy, because if he is afraid of something with me around he dad walks in he is fine!! Is it just their time together, or do you think there is more to it?? My family says its just he is adjusting to daddy working night hours. but when my DH is home DS dont wake up till 3am, DH puts him back to sleep and then he is fine til 7-9am. But with daddy gone he is awake every hour on the hour

Manda725

Asked by Manda725 at 1:04 AM on May. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I too kinda think he is adjusting to the new routine
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 7:10 AM on May. 11, 2011

• He is adjusting, he misses his daddy. My ds was the same way with my dh when I got a job at nights, he eventually stopped and he and my dh had their own routine and brought them closer. I wouldn't worry to much just try to be calm and reassuring that he is ok and if he goes to sleep daddy will be home real soon. Good luck.
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 1:03 AM on May. 12, 2011

• It'll take some time, but he'll be fine. You could think about recording your husband reading a story to play to him...but that may prolong his adjustment.
    mom2the.rescue

Answer by mom2the.rescue at 2:24 PM on May. 12, 2011