Why question it.. dont understand..

My son, had this weird popping noise in his chest. You could feel like the bones move around in there. It didn't hurt him.
But I was worried, what if he falls.. he was like 3 almost 4 yrs old.
The pedi asked for an x-ray.. my ex stood there and argued with him.. that no x-ray was needed..
I just stood there, probably with my mouth hung open.. how do you question, your kids doctor?
The doctor wanted a simple x-ray to make sure everything in his chest was okay...
** I think, my cheep ex didn't want to have to pay his half of the medical bill..

But my real question is.. Do you question your kids doctor?

Id think, if you did. You'd find one that you trusted.

I understand second options on major concerns and surgery.

SassySue123

Asked by SassySue123 at 1:08 AM on May. 11, 2011 in Health

• Questioning your doctor doesn't mean you don't trust them, just that you are in charge of your own health (or children's health) and that you want to know enough facts to make an informed decision. I work in a radiology department and I wish more people would question why the doctor ordered the xrays. Not to refuse them, but just to know why. Sometimes the doctors get it wrong.

You can question without arguing.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 10:38 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Nope. I figure they went to school for umpteen years to be in the position that they are in so they must have at least an idea of what they are talking about...I'm also in the mind set that it's better to be safe then sorry. If I didnt trust my doctor (kids doctor) I would find another Dr.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:30 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I think your son should have had an x-ray. I rarely question Doctors. I trust them and they sure as hell know more than we do. They have had so many years of college and medical school.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:26 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I was very confident in my childrens pediatrician.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:28 AM on May. 11, 2011

• He did have the x- ray, the doctor argued back. And everything was fine. But I feel better knowing and it wad worth the $$ to me.
    SassySue123

Comment by SassySue123 (original poster) at 1:31 AM on May. 11, 2011

• My son is 19 years old and has been disabled his entire life. In the beginning I would just blindly trust his Drs and let them do any procedure or test they recommended. Then I did some research and realized that a lot of the things they were recommending would not change the treatment plan. The docs were doing some of these (sometimes painful) procedures just for their own curiosity. I learned to question. I do think your son should have had the x-ray though. It sounds like your ex was just being an a$$.
    jspencer1014

Answer by jspencer1014 at 2:05 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I ALWAYS question my doctors ... they have been wrong too many times. I listen to what they have to say but I ultimately make my own decision. And once you understand the "schooling" they get, you'd be incligned to question everything too. I would never blindly follow what one has to say just because there's an "MD" after his or her name.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on May. 11, 2011