What do you do when your child has a case of school-itis?

This is for those of you who have teenagers.

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 1:09 AM on May. 11, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• My dd is 12, she has the attitude of.. I made a 70, I passed, isn't that good enough. She actually, tells me I should be happy with that, she's not failing..
    I'm so worried about finnals in a week...
    Wish I had the majic answer..
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 1:44 AM on May. 11, 2011

• No idea but GL!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:48 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Attending school is not an option. At this point in the school year most teens have had it with school. Just remind them they are in the home stretch. I assume by schoolitis you mean they don't want to attend school. Are they pretending to be sick and as soon as you say " ok then stay home today" they are cured? That is schoolitis. Just make them go!
    jcm62497

Answer by jcm62497 at 7:35 AM on May. 11, 2011

• The more you accept lazyness the more it will occur because they think it is ok. Dont accept it. I used to get grounded for bad grades and paid for good ones. What I mean is I would get a certain number of dollars for every A that was on my final report card. That teaches a lesson too, because school is thier job right now and when you do your job well you get paid.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 8:19 AM on May. 11, 2011

• If you let em think it's ok or like you don't care. then they wont and they'll think it's ok. trust me. i'm a teen!
    feliciouss626

Answer by feliciouss626 at 10:26 AM on May. 11, 2011

• my daughter only misses for appointments that can only be made during school hours. She enjoys school very much!
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 10:34 AM on May. 11, 2011

• We all have days like that. Haven't you ever taken a mental health day off of work? The problem is with taking a mental health day from school is that they get behind so they can't do it.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 1:01 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Mine had it from age 12 on.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 2:12 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Tell them too bad and then send them to school.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:50 PM on May. 11, 2011

• My kids are homeschooled, but when the get "Schoolitis" I give them 4 mental health days a year...they can use these days to sleep, watch tv, or go do something with another child in our area who is homeschooled
    dys-shattered

Answer by dys-shattered at 1:33 AM on May. 12, 2011