2 year old birthday party!

Hey everyone. So my son is turning 2 in a month! We are planning a party, just some close friends and family. Our theme is Disney's Cars. The only other kids (as of right now) that will be there will be my brother and sister, who are 8 and 10. What kind of activities can I plan that will be fun for the kids AND adults? Thanks in advance. :)

mamabaier

Asked by mamabaier at 1:10 AM on May. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We had older kids at my 2 yo's birthday party too. Her theme was puppies. We had a pinata, face painting, and I made a giant cardboard dog house for it. The older kids seemed to have fun with that. Pin the tail on the puppy wasn't very fun for them though. Just some ideas. Hope they helped.
    JenniP0708270

Answer by JenniP0708270 at 4:54 AM on May. 11, 2011

• love the idea jenni. we are planning my dd 2 yr old bday for the end opf june and our theme is doggies :). love the ideas. I too am torn with ideas for games and such. I dont have a lot of kids either.

for disney cars you can have the kids race cars or something. maybe play pin the wheel on the red race car? for the adults you can do trivia questions about the movie. good luck! dont stress it. just put a little tyke slide out, some bubbles, side walk chalk, music, and you are all set! they will enterain themselfves.
    Mommytobe618

Answer by Mommytobe618 at 10:29 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Adults usually have a fun time just sitting around talking, but I've also left a scene it game on party play in the dvd player for them. For big & small kids, you can have them decorate brown lunch bags & then have some sort of 'hunt'. we had a dinosaur party, and 'hunted' for 'dinosaur eggs' that were really yellow & green easter eggs filled with candy. big hit with all ages. can't think of how that relates to cars tho...
    mom2the.rescue

Answer by mom2the.rescue at 2:23 PM on May. 12, 2011