Do you ever feel bad when you feed your BF baby...

a bottle with your expressed milk in it? (and their EBF)

amberpatterson

Asked by amberpatterson at 2:04 AM on May. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not at all. Breastmilk is breastmilk, even if another person feeds it to them. In my mind, a bottle of expressed breast milk doesn't make them any less EBF!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 2:08 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I have not done that myself, but I wouldn't feel badly if I did (I tried to pump once, and it was too annoying and I never tried again). Breastmilk is breastmilk. There are numerous opportunities throughout the day to make up for the lost intimacy in the bottle feeding, if that's part of what the concern is.
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 2:41 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I did it because DS was fussy and is probably going thru a growthspurt, because I had JUST fed him prior to his fussiness and I needed to take a shower and have alone time with the hubby so I gave an and felt really guilty!! DS is happy and asleep now, with a full belly.
    amberpatterson

Comment by amberpatterson (original poster) at 2:47 AM on May. 11, 2011

• EBF does not mean it all has to come straight from the boob - it just means they're getting nothing but breastmilk. You gave him a bottle of your own milk, not formula - he's still EBF. You did what you needed to do, and there is nothing wrong with that. You still gave him the best thing for him - momma milk & love. And he's happy. Put the guilt away, you're a good momma!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I did at first...
    kaitensmommy

Answer by kaitensmommy at 4:06 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I feel guilty all the time about everything that concerns my son...like if I set him down for a min while he's awake, I feel bad cuz I'm not over there playing with him and yea, I did when I gave him his 1st bottle.....and I still feel kinda funny sometimes even now, but I just have to tell myself that sometimes you just gotta do it.....or else you'll never be able to take a shower, or run to the store by yourself....or have a night out alone with your husband, and ya kno, he never once has acted like he was upset with me for it ;-) lol I'm just crazy
    summermail88

Answer by summermail88 at 2:56 AM on May. 12, 2011