Still sick in 2nd Trimester adult content

I am 21yrs old and this is my first pregnangcy. I am 17 weeks now and I am terribly sick everyday to where it's hard to keep anything down. I sometimes go a whole day without eating, because I will eventually let it back out. For example, today I woke up throwing up. I didn't want to eat anything because I would eventually throw it back up. I finally got the courage to eat some pizza, but wanted to throw it up 30min after I ate it.

Is there anything that can help? ?
Does this mean anything pertaining to the baby? ?

Meka89

Asked by Meka89 at 3:23 AM on May. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It sounds like you may have hyperemesis gravidarum. which basically means severe morning sickness. If you're not able to get enough nutrition, it can affect your babies health, so it's best to get in to see your doctor and see what they recommend. Good luck, mama, and hope you feel better soon!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 3:32 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Sorry your having a tough pregnancy, I myself had sickness until I was 30 weeks then it just disappeared......there is no set rule as to when or if it will stop, for many women it fades by the end of the first trimester. You can try eating saltines etc and see how you go then if you hold them down try some toast something more plain......good luck hope you start to feel better.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 3:32 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I was like this with my 2nd pregnancy, I talked to my Dr. and he gave me some medicine. Just tell you dr. whats going on and he can give you something. Make sure you are still taking your pre natal vitamins.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 5:29 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Drink some chamomile tea with ginger in it. The ginger can settle your stomach while that chamomile relaxes the muscles that make you puke in the first place. Other than that, I'd eat light until you feel better. Crackers, apple sauce, and toast seem to be easier to digest
    JenniP0708270

Answer by JenniP0708270 at 5:47 AM on May. 11, 2011

• The worst possible thing you can do it NOT eat.... As hard as it is, and even though you feel you will bring it back up, you need to eat to make yourself feel better. I had horrible sickness with my first two kids for the whole 9 months. While I still did throw up once in a while the ONLY thing that would make me feel better is eating. I would literally gag while I was, but trust me, you will feel a bit better afterwards!!
    MommaRoxanne

Answer by MommaRoxanne at 7:36 AM on May. 11, 2011