What to hang on towel rack above toilet instead of towels?

Our bathroom has 3 main towel racks and a small one by the sink. The towel rack above the toilet is a medium sized silver bar towel rack, nothing special. I want to hang something on it other than a towel that looks nice and decorative in some way. Not sure what to hang! The colors of our bathroom change dependent on when I change out the floor mats, but they are mostly light colors except for our towels which are occasionally dark. Our bathroom is small so I don't want something "chunky" looking. I cannot put anything on the wall right their because it is a nude colored tile on that portion of the wall thus no nails and stickies don't stay. Any ideas?..something to hang..if I need to make it myself I can do that, Im fairly efficient at DIY and crafts

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 3:30 AM on May. 11, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I don't know. I'm wondering why you're thinking about this at this time of night? I can't sleep, but I'm too braindead to give you a thoughtful answer. Sorry! LOL!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 3:35 AM on May. 11, 2011

• im in germany, army family, its 943 in the morning :-)
    moki1984

Comment by moki1984 (original poster) at 3:43 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I would hang magazines on it.Or a piece of material that you have liked but don't know what's its use is.
    karrey

Answer by karrey at 4:16 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Mi SIL does decorative painting. She wouldn't be looking for something to hang from the rack Instead she would paint the rack with beautiful art. She does from flowers to butterflies and all kinds of decorative stuff. If you have time in your hands get a book about it. My SIL says that is very easy to learn. And by the way the paint is washable. In case you don't like it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Maybe you could get photos and put hooks on the back of the frames and hang it that way.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 7:45 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I like Wish2Be's suggestion of pictures!

I was thinking you could make a simple box to cover the rack that turns it into a small shelf. Then you could put candles, photos... whatever. Light wood and wood glue or furniture nails to make the box, paint it with a glossy coat to protect it from bathroom steam.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 9:23 AM on May. 11, 2011

• A simple little quilt?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Why not decorative towels??
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 11:40 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I like the box idea.
    momkaribg

Answer by momkaribg at 12:34 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I like the box idea too, or the small quilt.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 2:25 PM on May. 11, 2011