Advice

Have you put any of you children in a little bit of modeling? I'm thinking about getting my DD into it. I currently have her in a contest to win a photo shoot valued up to $200 because we don't have the money to do both at the same time, I'm REALLY hoping we win. But do you have any advice?

MacisMommy91610

Asked by MacisMommy91610 at 3:43 AM on May. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• Not about modeling. But make sure you read the rules of every contest you enter online, because many of them have clauses you might not like, such as:

"you hereby grant to each of the Parties, their licensees, distributors, agents, representatives and other authorized users, a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable (in whole or part) worldwide license under all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, privacy and publicity rights and other intellectual property rights you own or control to use, reproduce, transmit, display, exhibit, distribute, index, comment on, modify, create derivative works based upon, perform and otherwise exploit such Submissions, in whole or in part, in all media formats and channels now known or hereafter devised (including on the Parties' websites, on third party web sites...
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 4:33 AM on May. 11, 2011

• on the Parties' broadcast and cable networks and stations, on the Parties' broadband and wireless platforms, products and services, on physical media, and in theatrical release), for any and all purposes including entertainment, news, advertising, promotional, marketing, publicity, trade or commercial purposes, all without further notice to you, with or without attribution, and without the requirement of any permission from or payment to you or to any other person or entity (the "Submissions License"). Upon either of the Parties request, you agree to assist the Parties in obtaining the consent for any other applications.
    bishopblack

• My neighbors were professional models growing up. They were in all of the catalogs - likes Sears as well as the weekly store circulars. We lived about 20 minutes from NYC which is where they went for most photo shoots. I don't think you need to have expensive, professional photos taken to get started. Apply to some agencies with snap shots that you've taken. The agency will want to take their own photos to see how your daughter works with a photographer.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:09 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Nope, looks fade. I don't want my kids to equate sucess in life on looks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on May. 11, 2011

• This is just a modeling for like people who have their boutiques on FB, not really serious modeling. It costs only 40 for 6 months. Sorry I forgot to add that in there =/
    MacisMommy91610

Comment by MacisMommy91610 (original poster) at 1:42 PM on May. 11, 2011

• If they anyone asks YOU for money upfront, it is a scam.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 4:05 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Well I know a woman who's daughter & granddaughter who is signed up with them and she said they are great.
    MacisMommy91610

Comment by MacisMommy91610 (original poster) at 4:06 PM on May. 11, 2011