Who else does NOT live for their children and is very out loud and proud of it?

I am so annoyed with all the posts all over the net, especially with the ridiculous holiday of mother's day that just passed about all the great moms and how they would die for their kids and do anything for them and blah, blah, blah! They make me want to puke. YES, I absolutely LOVE my baby boy in many more ways than I can describe here but I do not feel the need to describe them and brag about what a good mom I am. We know and that is all that matters. I also would never presume to state that I would give my life for my son's. While I do love him more than any other being on this horrible planet, I cannot HONESTLY say and never will be able to say that I would give my life for his. Only a complete ignorant idiot could!

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 4:00 AM on May. 11, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I thought this same way until my daughter turned 4.She interacts with me,she snuggles with me,she loves me more than i ever thought i could love or feel in that way but i do.We are all people living and doing our best to get by. I think your views on that might change some as your son gets older,but if they don't-you aren't wrong to feel that way.It's your life,you don't have to give it up for anything or anyone.
    karrey

Answer by karrey at 4:19 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Thank you karrey......It's simple really, FACT is that noone knows what they will do in any situation until they are in it. Like I always say.........there is ALWAYS a choice, regardless of whether we like the ones we are given or not!
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 4:24 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I know I would, for any of my children. I almost did when my oldest and I were about to be hit by a speeding car coming off the freeway that was running a light. I swerved our car so the brunt would hit me..thank God we both walked away from the accident. I would have taken my own life if something had happened to my son and I could have prevented it
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 5:05 AM on May. 11, 2011

• LOL , wow you women crack me up!!! Thanks for the laugh shivasgirl
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 5:11 AM on May. 11, 2011

• why would my child and I getting into an accident make you laugh?
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 5:24 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I would absolutely give my life for my children!!! In ANY situation.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 5:24 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I feel sorry for your son..he is adorable if that is him on your page
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 5:27 AM on May. 11, 2011

• It's instinct for mothers across species to put the welfare of their young before their own. Pure animal instinct. Yes, there are always exceptions, but for the most part... you see it all over the animal kingdom. So go ahead and laugh, but you would *probably* do the same if your son's life depended on it
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 5:35 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Who thinks like this? So if your child needed a blood transfusion or something a little more painful like a kidney, are you saying you wouldn't give it up? You sound like a miserable- self centered person!  Like they say, You Can't Pick Your Parents!!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:53 AM on May. 11, 2011

• You feel better now????!!! I think it is only natural for a parent to do thing for their child/children not to be in harms way. It does not sounds like you have ever been in any situation to have to feel that way for your kid/s.

Answer by louise2 at 6:13 AM on May. 11, 2011