Ok... pains...

I posted a question earlier about period like cramps and aching in my vagina. It now is extremely painful to stand. And just painful to sit or lie! I called the doc at 9 am this morning and again at 12:30 b/c I hadnt had a call back. Still no call back and it is 1:37. Any ideas of what this is or how to get some freakin relief???? I am going to call L & D at 2 if the doc doesnt call by then!!
Thaks
Shawna
34 wks and worried

Babyclark08

Asked by Babyclark08 at 2:38 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• sounds like labor but then again i need to know if they are coming and go or is it constent cramping? that would help alot. if they are coming and going time them if they are constent i dont know what that would be execpt for growing pains maybe.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:40 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• you could be getting contractions, i would suggest going to the hospital. if you are having contractions they are going to give you a shot called demerol to stop the contractions because you are too early on in the pregnancy. trust me i just went through all this yesterday so i know
    Natashaheart

Answer by Natashaheart at 2:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• First, it is good that you called the doctor. Second, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I had the same exact thing going on. It is basically the pressure from the baby moving down in your pelvic. But, I remember thinking, "Are you kidding me? Do you really understand the sharp piercing pain that I am feeling in my vagina?" It turns out, that for me, they were right. It was all part of the pregnancy process. W/the exception of morning sickness that lasted all day long, I had a relatively easy pregnancy. I remember people telling me I didn't act pregnant at all. Then the last month, I was in so much pain. I recall telling my husband that I didn't have a clue that being pregnant could hurt so much. Hang in there. You are almost through this and when it's all over, you won't really remember any of the pain! Well, you might....but it will be worth it. lol.
    have2travel

Answer by have2travel at 2:43 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I meant to say pelvis...not pelvic.
    have2travel

• its a constant cramping with braxton hicks contractons( they are becoming a lil more regular)
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 2:45 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I'd head to the ER and get checked- your not too far from your due date- babys come when they are ready.
    Anonymous

• If it is a sharp pain in your vagina, then most likely it is the baby dropping. I hope you here from the doctor soon, or L & D. Best of Luck!
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 3:12 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• i had cramping and vagina pains a few weeks ago, and it was nothing. when the baby drops and adds lots of pressure to ur pelvis it causes pain in the vagina, and that doesnt go away even when sitting. as for the cramping, i got it when i overdid stuff like walked and did too much and it went away when i relaxed on the couch. if ur contractions keep getting more regular, u should call labor and delivery and not the doctor cuz they can tell u whether or not to come in, and it sounds like ur dr is too busy to take ur call
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 3:32 PM on Dec. 5, 2008