Anyone know how much it would cost and how long it would take?

to travel by car from Grand Rapids, Michigan to Middleburg, Florida?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 6:47 AM on May. 11, 2011 in Travel

• Not sure of the cost. That would depend upon the mileage your vehicle gets, cost of gas, if you plan to stop and get a hotel or if you eat out. According to mapquest, this is how long it would take:

Suggested Routes
    I-69 S to I-65 S
    18 hrs 23 mins / 1169.58 miles View Elevation

US-31 S to I-65 S
    18 hrs 25 mins / 1136.24 miles View Elevation

mommamiaria

Answer by mommamiaria at 6:58 AM on May. 11, 2011

• In addition to other answers, figure the miles per gallon you get in your car and do the math to see what the gas would cost. With today's gas prices sometimes a trip like this is cheaper if you fly . Check Southwest Airlines and Expedia (southwet is not included in expedia quotes). GL
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 8:32 AM on May. 11, 2011

• You *could* do it in one day - especially if you have two or more drivers to switch - but it would be a heck of a long day. The upshot is, if you leave at 3 in the morning, the kids fall back asleep in the car and you get a good 4 hours or so with them sleeping, and then more sleeping that night until you get there about midnight-ish.

(And for anyone who thinks you can't, my DH and I drove from the Atlantic Ocean to Winslow, Arizona without stopping except to eat, stretch breaks, and take the kids to the petrified forest NP)(That being said, I would probably never do that again - 44 straight travel hours - woof!)

The trip would be about 1200 miles, and if your car gets about 25 mpg highway thats about 50 gallons, and at $4/gallon that's about $200.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 9:08 AM on May. 11, 2011

• MapQuest it for the # of miles/length of time, then figure out how much gas would be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:56 AM on May. 11, 2011

• 18 hrs, 25 min according to mapquest

Answer by admckenzie at 1:55 PM on May. 11, 2011